Chapter 22 / Yibo I'm still freaking out

It had been three weeks now since Zhan had left Yibo behind to go on a new mission and Yibo was doing his best to let everyone know how upset he was. Every night he wandered the streets looking for new victims. Yes, they were criminals and some of them had it coming. But Yibo only used them because he couldn't just storm the agency and kill everyone there. Zhan had somehow gotten him some kind of free pass. He fought his way through the city, but nobody stopped him.

Even more, in the news they thanked the unknown man who roamed the streets on his motorcycle and took the criminals out of circulation one by one. A strange world this is, Yibo thought as he struck at his new victim. Yu Bin had called him several times and asked him to stop and take care of himself. He told him to remember that when Zhan came back, he wanted to see him safe and health and back in one piece. Yes, Yibo wanted the same thing, but where was his Zhan now? Somewhere in this world, he was chasing criminals and risking his life. Didn't Yibo do the same?

When Yibo finished his work, he called the police himself and told them the place where he had kept his latest victim for them. Afterwards, he drove back to the park like he had every night since Zhan had left. He sat down on the bench and watched the starry sky. "ZhanZhan, where are you? When are you coming home? I miss you so much." He said and put his head back. Hot tears rolled down from his eyes, over his temples, his hair and fell to the floor. "I'm still freaking out ZhanZhan. Please come home soon." He whispered and wiped the tears from his eyes.

At lunchtime they brought a new report about the motorbike riders who liberated the city from the criminals. Yibo laughed and took his phone. By now he had a direct extension to Yu Bin, and called him. "So? One less pig on the streets! Another one who'll keep his fingers still for now." He said to Yu Bin. "Yes, Yibo, I know I saw it. I've got news for you. Zhan and the other agents managed to free the two captured agents. Unfortunately, they must complete the mission and it is still unclear when they will return. But Zhan is fine!" Said Yu Bin.

Yibo's hands trembled, this was the first news from Zhan in three weeks! Yibo wanted to know more. "Give me more Yu Bin, it's not enough. I'm going through hell without Zhan, I want to know everything." He said, clutching his phone firmly. "Then come here to the agency because I think there's something here for you. I can't tell you any more right now, just come here." Had told him Yu Bin and Yibo immediately went to the agency on Wen.

Yibo arrived at the Agency half an hour later, nobody stopped him, he could just go upstairs and go to Yu Bin's office and nobody said or did anything. Yu Bin smiled at Yibo and let him into his office. He turned on the TV and Yibo saw Zhan, in a full military outfit! He was at a house with other agents he had not known except for this traitor. They gave them hand signals and kept advancing. Zhan gave commands to his colleagues and Yibo got goose bumps when he heard Zhan's voice.

He missed Zhan's voice. They entered the house and a camera of someone standing right next to Zhan clearly showed Zhan's face. "Ah, my special agent." Said Yibo proudly as he saw the serious look on Zhan's face. Shortly after the first shots were fired, Yibo literally glued his eyes to the TV and looked at everything closely. Zhan shot, one fell, another shot, another fell and so on. Orders, shots and then a small explosion. Yibo's heart pounded in his chest until he saw Zhan again, unharmed and still shouting orders.

Yibo grinned all over his face and was visibly proud of his husband. And then there they were, the hostages. They had freed them. Then the video ended. "And what is it they got for me?" Yibo wanted to know. Yu Bin gave Yibo a note, at first Yibo did not understand what Zhan wanted to tell him. But then he remembered a game that Zhan had taught him, or rather, a secret code. It took him a moment to decipher it. But then when he read it, he smiled.

"Yibo, I love and miss you. I think about you all the time, honey. Can you do me a favor? Make He Peng go away. Forever! Love you so much, your Zhan." Yibo destroyed the note and also its translation. "Promise Baby." He said, smiling from ear to ear. Oh yes, if his Zhan asked him for something, something like that, there must be a reason and Yibo was only too willing to grant him that wish. Of course he would send his people for this, but he did it for Zhan. For his better half. But inside he laughed, his dearest one asked him and the Triad for help for the first time. Well, he wasn't that useless to his husband after all, Yibo thought and was happy.

Revived because he could see his Zhan in action and with an important mission that his honey had given him, he went home and instructed his people. "Find Agent He Peng and eliminate him! This is an order from my husband!" He said and smiled and with him, his uncle. "I see your husband appreciates the benefits of having a Triad leader for a husband." Told Yibo's uncle and patted Yibo on the shoulder. Yibo nodded and still couldn't believe that Zhan had contacted him. That he found a way to tell him that he loved and missed him made Yibo very happy, at least for now.

 That he found a way to tell him that he loved and missed him made Yibo very happy, at least for now