Strange Happenings

Word Count: 1850

All the hermits were gathered around a massive table. Xisuma sat at one end of the long table, stirring his soup absentmindedly. He had called a meeting during the dinner hour, so that it would be more welcoming. Various conversations ensued as everyone talked with their neighbor. The only person missing was Ren.

Xismua was troubled with the news that Grian had brought yesterday. Ren hadn't shown up to anything and Xisuma had tried contacting him to no avail. A warm hand rested on his arm.

"You okay Xisuma?" False pursed her lips in concern. "You are always overworking yourself."

Xisuma fazed back into reality, responding slower than usual. "I'm fine."

"No your not." False had gentle understanding in her voice. "You have dark circles under your eyes."

Xisuma started to protest that he could handle the phanm toms when False read his mind.

"I'm not talking about the phantoms. You can handle those. I'm talking about the stress."

He sighed, not able to argue against her sound argument. Pushing away the untouched soup, Xisuma's voice called for order. The room fell silent as every head turned to look at the admin. Mustering up the reservoirs of energy, Xisuma tried to speak loudly.

"Can everyone hear me?"

Some mutterings in the back came about not hearing. Xisuma solved the problem by summoning a tiny ball of purple light and swallowing it.

"How about now?" His voice boomed around the dining hall, earning nods of agreement. Xisuma cleared his throat. "I have summoned you here because of some strange happenings. Mostly because of Ren's death and disappearance. Has anyone seen him?"

Iskall spoke up from his seat next to Mumbo. "Shouldn't he have respawned next to his bed?"

Xisuma sighed regretfully. "Yes, he should have. I was informed by Grian and Mumbo that a strange thing happened when Ren perished." He paused to nod at Grian and Mumbo, sitting at the middle of the long table. "Instead of a simple, died by something, a voice announced that Ren had met his demise."

Hushed whispering followed the proclamation. "Now you see the urgency of finding Ren. I am searching for his code, but I have not come up with anything."

No one knew where Ren was. After that, X wrapped up the meeting with some weekly news and sent everyone to bed. False stayed behind, even though everyone had left. When Xisuma tried to make her leave she stayed stubbornly put.

"I'm not leaving until I see that you are actually sleeping. It's not healthy for you." False crossed her arms and followed the weary Xisuma.

"Very well." Xisuma walked the short distance to his base, False not losing a step. Women. Soon Xisuma had found his bed if you could call it that.

"This is what you've been sleeping on?" False's voice rose in disbelief. "No wonder you have dark circles! You are not sleeping on that anymore. I'll be back with some proper bedding."

Xisuma watched as she whisked out of his base flying on magnificent light blue wings. He sat on the uncomfortable lump of old sheets that he had thrown together. It felt as if no time had passed when False returned with multiple shulker boxes stuffed in her arm.

"Lets get you some actual sleep this time." She open the boxes to reveal that they were filled with sheets and pillows. She looked up and stared at him. "Are you planning to sleep in armor? Put your pajamas on! I'll be gone when you get back, so I'm relying on you to actually sleep."