Unintentional Trap

Word count: 1000

"You're an easy going guy, and you like playful banter."

Get out of my head!

"So I take it that's how you normally act. Good. Now I can set a trap for the next victim."

Trap? So that's what's been going on. A world takeover!

"You know nothing of Master's plans."

You have a master? Good to know.

"It does you no good to know anything since I have control."

Then why hide so much? Clearly you are beatable.

If someone had walked past Scar, they would probably be concerned. As Scar was controlled by a virus, Scar couldn't control his own body. The virus wasn't bothering to move Scar's body in a believable way, since it was too preoccupied with debating its host. So, Scar's body just was sat there, not moving, not blinking.

Scar developed a plan to escape the virus's control. Unfortunately, it would require completely allowing V- 38 to do anything till he got to his base.

"Target acquired. Have fun, Scar." Virus laughed as it spread Scar's elytra and headed for Jevin's base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jevin propped his blue legs onto a foot rest. The recent disappearances didn't worry him. From what little information Jevin knew, someone would disappear after they died. He was, however, concerned that Xisuma had disappeared recently.

Much like Xisuma who died very little, Jevin also didn't have to respawn often. Jevin was an alien and somehow ended up in the Hermitcraft system which had six known planets. So far they had moved to the sixth planet, but reports indicated that there was a seventh planet.

Jevin came from the Beta system, thousands of light years away. Luckily, coders had developed transporters that could take one from anywhere to anywhere almost instantly. Half blue slime, half human, Jevin didn't take damage from hitting things. He just kind of bounced back, unless he was really flying fast.

Phsewww! Jevin tensed up at the sound of a rocket. Why was he so scared of everything? Perhaps it was Cub coming to visit. Nope. Scar landed in the center of Jevin's snowflake shaped base. Aside from the color drained from his body, Scar looked normal. Jevin was sure that Xisuma could fix the problem soon.

"Been working out huh, Scar?" Jevin chuckled. Scar looked over and cracked a smile.

"Got to keep in shape with all the building I've been doing."

Jevin got up. "Work out anymore and you'll be the hulk!"

Scar busted a gut. "A gray hulk at that."

"The reason you can get away with that is because you're dead." Jevin sat down again. He had made a good point. It would be weird if someone in this strange world walked around shirtless. Scar sat down beside him.

"How's your snowflake coming?" Scar still had his same banter, keeping Jevin from being suspicious. Meanwhile, the actual Scar was silently begging Jevin to notice something odd. He mentally sighed as Jevin responded as normal. The virus continued to make Scar act totally normal.

"Oh my goodness." Jevin was getting tired of that joke. Shaking his head he continued, "You're not here to kill me are you?"

"At the moment? No."

Yes!!!!! Runnnn!!!!!!!

"Be quiet!" The virus hissed back at Scar, who promptly tried to annoy it as much as possible.

V-67 moved Scar's hands through the mental chaos, rearranging Scar's impeccable black hair. "There's no need. I have a feeling you'll die soon." Scar thoughtfully pulled out a purple fruit. When he took a bite he vanished from Jevin's sight. This left the alien more worried than he had ever been before.

As Scar flew away, the virus yelled at him mentally.

"You almost gave me away!"

That's my goal. You took over my body remember?

"You will fail."

Oh, quick tip. If you want to look normal, do work.

"Work?"

Yeah, projects. My base needs some work.

"Very well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jevin blinked rapidly after Scar left. No matter, Jevin planned his way out of his half-finished base. He was running low on concrete powder, so the logical place to go was Sahara. Because of his positioning, Jevin had to fly through Mumbo's base to get to the shopping district.

As Jevin continued to fly with light blue wings, he wondered if Mumbo was in his base. Maybe he would drop by and say hello.

'Bleep!' Jevin's hermitphone buzzed with an incoming text message. Jevin reached for it, temporarily taking his eyes from where he was flying.

"Watch where you're going." - Scar.

Jevin frantically looked up, expecting to see Scar flying in front of him. That would have been easy to deal with. Instead, a wall covered in vines and moss blocked his path. It was too late for fancy flying. Jevin hit it with full momentum, his body giving way instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jevin woke up in a dark and misty swamp. Scar was sitting in front of him, a slight glint of black in his eyes. He turned when Jevin sat up groaning. The slime had lost all his cheerful blue color and his eyes had lost half of their green hue.

Tugging at the strings of his hoodie, Jevin felt a twinge in his stomach. It was like something was trying to control him. He ignored it for the minute. When it became a problem he would deal with it.

"I have been waiting for you." Scar's voice had a deeper tone, and his eyes were almost completely black. "Did I not say you would perish soon?"

The twinge in Jevin's stomach grew stronger, fighting against Jevin's mind. Jevin fought back with equal strength, refusing to give in. Scar, or whatever controlled Scar, smiled as if sensing the struggle.

"How's it feel to be dead?"

The thing inside Jevin won the fight. It laughed silently as Jevin's conscious was shoved to the back of his mind.

"Excellent, Scar."

"Good. I think we have some tasks to get to."

Then Scar got up and disappeared into the mist, victim of whatever controlled him now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually Scar ended up back at his base, after seeing Jevin become another victim of the virus. It was time he ended this mind control. Rearing up suddenly, Scar unleashed all his energy to fighting V-38. The surge of power caused Scar to regain complete control. Knowing it wouldn't last, Scar rushed to his laboratory. A glowing blue vial lay on the table waiting to be picked up. Scar grabbed it, pushing the needle into his skin.

"Noooooooo!" V-38 yelled.

You have no control now, Scar thought as he blacked out from the poison.