Danger Awaits

Word count: 900

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Scar was working on some paperwork for one of his builds. "Come in!" He hollered at the closed door. Scar twisted his hand a certain way to make the keyboard flash out of sight. False carefully opened the door, followed by Iskall.

"Scar, we need to talk." False's hands were shaking. Scar looked at the two that had entered his office, promptly getting up.

"What is it?"

False closed her eyes, tension evident in all her muscles. Iskall rested a hand on her shoulder, encouraging her.

"It's Xisuma."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V-65 and V-101 were setting a trap, their hosts crumpled, tired from fighting. Ren had given his all to fight V-65, which he called V-Bee. Now, energy depleted, Ren just sat in the back of his mind watching V-Bee finish the deadly trap.

"101," V-65 used Ren's voice to address the other virus. "This trap is set. Soon another will join our side. These weak hermits are falling faster than flies over honey."

V-101 turned to look at Ren. Stress had a look of apology before she lunged and pushed Ren into the trap. V-bee shouted at Ren.

"Your friend is trying to fight back just like you. She picked the wrong target."

As Ren respawned, he wished the trap had failed. Now some poor hermit would fall to another one of the viruses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scar wished he could stop worrying about Xisuma, pulling his hands rapidly through his hair. He needed a break. He emerged out of his office and grabbed his cowboy hat off of the wall. He should work on Cherry Inc. When he walked outside, he found Ren standing there.

"Ren!" Scar walked up to his friend. Ren did nothing, just stared. "Okaay..."

Ren just watched Scar taking off, the hatred in his eyes hidden by sunglasses. Scar flew towards his shop, hoping sincerely that Xisuma was okay.

Finally Scar found his shop, Cherry, in which he discovered Mumbo in. "I'm afraid we won't have those for a while." Scar told Mumbo, who was shuffling through the observers.

"Well then," Mumbo turned. He tugged at his mustache. "How long will it be closed?"

"Who knows?" Scar leaned on the door frame tilting his cowboy hat up. If one word could describe Scar's demeanor and outfit, it was Indiana Jones. Mumbo took out his pocket watch.

"Oh my!" Mumbo's eyebrows shot up. "Sorry I have to go!" He tucked the watch back in his suit pocket before running off.

Scar laughed as he put up the closed signs. Mumbo was probably missing another Sahara meeting. Scar grabbed a shulker box out of his bag and looked through it.

"Hmmm," he said thoughtfully. Running out of resources was never a good thing. Scar walked to the carved wood nether portal in the center of the shopping district. He headed off to the piece of land he had claimed, way north of his base. The familiar nausea passed, and Scar flew towards the distant land.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xisuma was fighting a mental battle with the virus. It was will against code, one against another in a never ending struggle for control. He gained control of his arm and tried to summon a beacon for help.

"Oh no you don't," V-89 regained what little control Xisuma had stolen. Xisuma's hands tucked the device back away, eyes changing color to black. The virus made Xisuma take off, firing more rockets than Xisuma's expert-self would have. He decided to store his energy reserves until he needed them most. Constantly fighting would wear him out too quickly and V-89 seemed to know this.

"I have a little surprise for your friend. Let's watch it shall we?"

Xisuma didn't bother replying, just watched as his body followed orders from something that wasn't from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scar wiped his brow. The building was only half done. Thinking back to his encounter with Mumbo, he remembered Sahara sold ice. Yes, that would do the trick. Grabbing a fire resistance potion, Scar retraced his steps to the nether portal.

Not trusting the tunnels, Scar flew his old route. He then proceeded to dive towards what could only be described as a giant map. The shopping district portal hissed and hummed eerily. Scar leaped in without a second thought. (See I'm telling you, he's Indiana Jones.) Unfortunately, the other side did not lead to the shopping district. A black room surrounded him on all sides.

"Wait, what?" Scar looked around. This wasn't the shopping district. He took a cautious step forward, right onto a tripwire. Thinking it was TNT, Scar jumped to the only available place, down. The trapdoors the wire had activated slammed shut above him. Then the pufferfish started appearing.

"Oh no....." Scar yelped. Colors swam across his vision as pain laced his body. Then the cursed blackness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stress was talking with Iskall about the disappearances after death when they got a major message on the main chat.

"What could that be?" Stress pulled out her phone, eyes widening at the message. Iskall scooted over and looked at what the message said.

"Oh my...." Iskall looked at Stress with horror in his eyes. "What has our world turned into?"

Stress turned the phone off, wishing that she could remove the words burned into her brain.

Scar was slain by the grey skins.