Peril

Word Count: 1500

Recomended Song: Dauntless by AudioMachine and See What I've Become by Zach Hemsey

"Guys look at this." I said pointing at the phone that was owned by BDubs. Doc spoke grumpily beside me, annoyed at being in such a small boat.

"We aren't exactly in a position to look, Mumbo."

Xisuma, rowing the boat at the moment grunted as he continued to paddle west. "Is it possible for you to tell us your discovery?"

Iskall was scrunched in the very front, trying to keep lookout with Scar. "Yes please tell us. I don't fancy climbing over people to get there."

I leaned over the text message I had discovered. "BDubs was about to send a message before he disappeared."

"That's not good mate." Xisuma paddled a tiny but faster.

"It gets even worse," I continued. "The message breaks out before the end. It says Alert Ha-. That's when it breaks out."

Scar sucked in a breath. "The hacker is here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Empty blackness surrounded an unconscious figure. The persons hair draped across his face covering a mortal wound. Blood was frozen on his face, as if stuck in time. He stirred from his resting place.

"Where am I?" He mummered rubbing his head, coming up with a hand covered in his own blood. "Oh my." The man didn't seem too concerned with his wounds.

"Don't we all want to know where we are?" A voice, yet not a voice, broke the empty silence. It was like the voice was a thought in his head.

"Who are you?" He called into the darkness.

"Hmm, last time I shared that information you tried to kill me."

"Breaker." The red shirted man jumped up, as if to defend himself from an invisible force. "What do you want of me?"

"You? Nothing." The voice called Breaker cackled. "Your friends, Grian, are an entirely different matter. See as you are stuck here, they are trying to delete my hard work."

"Don't you dare hurt my friends." Grian gritted his teeth.

"You cannot do anything." The hacker mocked Grian. "I have tampered with your respawn feature. You are now stuck in between code. To this world, you are nothing."

"If I'm just forgotten code, how are you here?"

Silence ensued that reply. Grian groped around. The hacker was hiding something.

"You aren't really here! You just pretended that I was stuck in between code!" Grian shouted to emptiness. "You aren't as powerful as you make us believe!"

Grian stretched his mind out, remembering his old days of training. There. A tear in the fabric of space. He pushed invisible arms out pulling at the ripped fabric. It resisted the pull, trying to hold itself together. Grian pulled harder, pushing his mind to its limit.

"Noooooo!" Breaker cried out. That was all the affirmation Grian needed. He gave one last burst of energy. The fabric tore open landing Grian squat in the middle of where he died. Grian glanced at his body and felt his head. He had the color back and the wound was non-existent. 

Grian got up and ran. He needed to warn the others before it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~