Betrayed Trust

Word count: 1400

Xisuma squinted at the light streaming into his eyes.

"Wh-what?" He flopped over, disoriented. He snuggled deeper into the sheets, trying to fall back asleep. He felt a buzz on his wristwatch. Xisuma ignored the buzz and groaned, still half asleep. The watch buzzed again harder this time.

"Okay what is it?" Xisuma pulled his wrist out and glared at it.

"You have five new messages." Hermitee told him in a too cheerful voice.

"What, Scar fell on a tree again?"

"No sir."

"What then?" Xisuma got out of bed and grabbed his armor. He glanced at the clock, it was twelve.

"First message is from False. She is asking how you slept. Would you like to reply?"

"Yes." Xisuma put his armor back on and headed out the door not really paying attention until the last message.

"Last message is from Ren." Hermitee started.

"Wait what? Ren! Read it!" Xisuma tapped his watch.

"Ren says 'Hey man! Sorry that I went AWOL for a little bit. Don't worry about me I'm fine. Something has happened to my skin. Come over to my track and we'll talk.' That is all."

Xisuma stared at the watch in disbelief. Sorry that he went AWOL? He's fine? All of those days of worrying and he just gets a text? Despite this, Xisuma walked to his nether portal, wincing at the familiar nauseating feeling that came with dimension traveling.

Iskall happened to be on the other side, looking like he wanted to go through. Xisuma gave him a nod and prepared to fly up to the higher section when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Xisuma, wait. I just need a minute of your time." Iskall had worry written all over his face. Xisuma turned and nodded, waiting for Iskall to continue. "I'm worried about Stress. She disappeared after that explosion, and then she went to Grian's minigame. Apparently she died there, but she wasn't at her respawn. I have no idea where she is."

Pressure applied itself to Xisuma's shoulders, the poor things taking so much lately. Xisuma looked through the tinted lens of his helmet at the concerned man.

"I am about to talk to Ren. Maybe he knows what happened to her." Xisuma half looked up at the upper level. "He is going to have to answer some questions about what is going on."

Xisuma decided now would be a good time to use his special wings. He needed to get there as quickly as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ren was sorting through a chest, items sometimes falling out of his fingers.

"Prepare...." The voice hissed, mocking the small part of Ren left.

I'm not going to tell you anything! Ren aimed invisible daggers at it.

"You don't have to." It laughed. "I already know all of your memories. This should be a piece of cake. Soon your admin will have fallen."

Ren pushed down the rage, needing to get information. Yelling at it would do no good, that strategy had been tried and failed.

Since it's sharing day, can I at least know your name?

"If you must know, I am V-65."

V-65 made Ren close the chest and walk out to the track area. Ok, I'm going to call you Vbee.