Breaker

Word Count: 2500

Recomended Song: Go for a playlist of Dramatic Movie Music

"We need to find it now!"

"Look at how few of us are left! We'd be better off leaving this world and the undead with it."

"We are running out of time!"

"Why are the undead here?"

BDubs shifted uncomfortably in his seat. The alive were having a meeting, well argument, and Xisuma and Scar had joined them. They were the only undead who had escaped the virus code in a sense. BDubs had had enough. He stood and slammed his hands on the table.

"Enough!" All the heads swiveled towards him. "Listen to yourself! You want to leave all your friends behind so that they can be erased? You think that by arguing louder and louder, we'll accomplish more?" Shamed faces lowered themselves slightly. "The more we sit here and argue about who can do it and why, we lose more time!"

Xisuma stood up, one of the only people not arguing. "I agree with you Bubbles. I don't think we should leave anyone behind." He glanced at Doc who had suggested that in the first place. The mutant shrugged and crossed his arms.

BDubs glanced around the small room. So few of them were left. Mumbo and Iskall waited patiently for him to continue. The doctor was unyielding in his stare, challenging Bubbles to oppose him. Xisuma and Scar had shifted their skin to be colored, but they could not find or destroy the cube because their code was written as dead.

"Look," Bubbles took a calmer tone. "I know that there are only four of us that can find this thing." Doc huffed still staring. "I know that it seems like there is no hope."

"You got that right." Iskall half said to himself.

"I know it seems like the world is going to end. But we have Xisuma and Scar-" Doc huffed again still not impressed.

"- we have X and Scar, and most importantly we have each other." False clapping sounded from Doc. Mumbo glared at him.

"Oh this is all very patronizing. Hope blah blah each other blah blah." The doctor was not giving any leeway. His voice hardened as he delivered the last part. "Hope does not change the fact that there are four of us to defeat this thing. And none of us are admins!" He threw his arms out. "What are we going to do? Sooner or later we will fall one by one, killed by the traps these guys have set!"

Neither Xisuma or Scar flinched at the accusing finger pointed their way. Mumbo partially stood, his patience hitting its breaking point. "Doc, I know you've never been the most optimistic guy." He stood up completely his head brushing the low ceiling. "But that doesn't mean you give up all hope! We need everyone for us to find this cube, even if it takes a year."

Xisuma pulled out a strange device. "Scar and I will accompany you to make sure you don't fall into any traps. As we get farther away, the traps will become non-existent. This device tracks command cubes. As I am dead, I cannot operate it."

Doc rolled his eyes, obviously thinking what the others were. Why didn't X use the device sooner? Xisuma seemed to read their thoughts. "I didn't know quite the extent of what was going on until later. And you all know I died rather quickly."

Scar brought out backpacks, five in total. "Another thing too. As we will be journeying very far away, we will have no way of repairing anything. That means no flying and only use your sword in emergencies. I suggest that before we leave, we repair all of our gear. Only bring the essentials."

Iskall's mouth hung agape. "No flying? We might be walking thousands of miles!"

"It is absolutely necessary." Scar affirmed. "We need to be able to fly in case of emergency. We don't need anyone falling out of the sky because their wings broke."