Last Mission

Word Count: 2600

Recommended Song: Battle Cry by Imagine Dragons; Protectors of Truth by Immediate; Sun and Steel by AudioMachine; Hunted by Steve Jablonsky

Iskall had glided down from the great height using his elytra. From the great depths, he heard sounds of a battle. Iskall ignited a torch and pushed his way through cobwebs, hand on the hilt of his steel sword. Noises sounded from beyond the walls of a cave he had walked into.

"Visitors, huh?" Iskall tried to shake the tension out of his muscles. The fate of the entire galaxy rested in his hands. Pressing his fingers on his temples, Iskall tried to remember what Xisuma had taught him. Something about crossing three trials. The memory floated in his mind like a ghost.

"The trials are different every time, so no one knows exactly what they will be." The memory Xisuma told Iskall. "Just remember that nothing is real and you will have to think outside of the box."

"Okay." Iskall told the darkness. "What do you have for me?"

"Spoke too soon didn't you?" Breaker approached from behind.

"How did you get here?" Iskall drew his blade, steel scrapping against steel.

"How naive can you get?" The Breaker raised his own sword, devoid of any lightning. "I killed your friends. They were so weak they couldn't even put up a fight." He laughed evilly.

"What about Doc?" Iskall pressed.

"He was the easiest of all of them. I let you get down this far. I let you have hope. Because the best thing is seeing people have hope, believe they can win. Then you crush their dreams, and it becomes a whole lot better."

All the while, Iskall was slowly backing away. He needed to get to the cube. Breaker narrowed his eyes at him.

"You seem like a smart guy, so I'll give you an offer. You can join me willingly, and I won't kill you. We can take over the galaxy!"

Something was wrong. Iskall was told that if everyone died on this world, it would create a wormhole. Why would Breaker compromise that? Nothing is real. Of course. Breaker was just an illusion, the first of three tests.

"I would never join you," Iskall glared at Breaker. "Even if you were real."

Breakers eyes burned with hatred. He stabbed the blade towards Iskall's stomach, Iskall not flinching one bit. It was all an illusion. 

The moment the blade made contact, Breaker evaporated into mist. Iskall spun around and ran further down the tunnel. Two more to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clash. Clang. Doc reacted to each strike triply as fast as a human. Breaker replied with an equal force, the sparks off the sword occasionally colliding with Doc's robotic arms.

"Your foolish move will cause the downfall of the entire world!" Breaker pressed his attacks, moving faster than humanly possible. "And your meager skills will cause you to fall quicker than any human."

"Good thing I'm not human then!" Doc retorted paring each strike with equal speed and strength. He gritted his teeth as another arrow shot from Cub landed in his thigh.

"You will die no matter what you are." Breaker hissed shooting him with a bolt of red energy. Doc crumpled a little bit from that blast and barely raised his swords in time to deflect the next attack. As he let rage consume him, Doc heard Xisuma's cry of sadness. 

"You monster! How could you kill him?"

"That is my name!"

Oh no. Not Scar. How could they even think they could win? It was now the three of them against six. As Doc whirled around blades against blades, he saw a weakness. That weakness would require a sacrifice. He shouted to Xisuma, hoping the admin was in hearing range.