Chapter One - Unknown Survivor

OK guys, this is my first ever fanfiction. It was something I wrote on a whim but after discovering Wattpad I decided to upload it. So I hope you all enjoy it ^^

Thanks a ton!

& a shout out to @KawaiiAeon for making Akai. She's amazing (as evident above) and if any wants a character drawn, she's the one you should turn too! ^^

- Third Person's P.O.V -

The afternoon sun blazes brightly as its scorching rays beam on earth below. The air is still with the sensation of tranquillity and the birds flutter through the expanse of bright blue sky, bathing their wings in the sun and enjoying the freedom their wings grant them. Land animals scamper along the surface of the earth while creatures scuttle along the ground at their leisurely pace; taking their time to do anything, knowing that this summer will last for a long time as it always does in the Land of Fire.

Suddenly, an explosion occurs by the narrow stream that runs through the forest, disrupting the tranquillity that once prevailed and shaking the earth. Bits of dirt and chunks of branches fly in all directions as another ground-rumbling explosion sets off another wave of dust and debris, causing all living things to hurry away in an attempt to escape the raining debris.

As smoke billows into air and covers a large quantity of ground, blocking the bright sky and casting an ominous shadow over the earth, a girl emerges from the black screen, limping herself away from danger. Hooded eyes gaze unfocusedly in front of her as she pants heavily, one hand clutching her bleeding shoulder while her arm hangs limply by her side. Her kimono attire is matted in dirt and torn in many places, showing some of the many injuries on her body from a brutal fight.

Numerous scratches cover her face as well as her legs that are exposed to the air and a soft wind blows pleasantly, sending a wave of pain through her body, when it touches her legs. The scratches are so raw that even particles in the air affect it.

The material around her stomach is slashed and soaked in blood, showing an injury that produces a thick, jagged line across her stomach.

The girl, no older than thirteen, continues to limp away from the explosion site and to safety through sheer willpower. She pushes herself to keep going, no matter how badly injured she is. She just needed to get away.

Gritting her teeth, the girl presses her fingers into the stab wound of her shoulder, using the pain as a catalyst to wake herself up and boosts her speed as much as she can.

Sparing a glance behind, the girl's sole open eye widens at the presence approaching her. "Get back here, Kira!" an enraged male voice shouts, causing the girl's heart to skip a beat. "You're not escaping!"

The girl whips around out, stretching out her arms and gritting her teeth at the pain that flares in her left shoulder. Performing quick hands signs, she slams her bloody palm on the ground, sending a sharp burst of the little chakra she has.

"Fire Style: Flame Hurricane!" despite the fact she lacks chakra, the Jutsu the girl announced is very much strong enough to ward off her assailant, great and intense flames erupting from her body in a spiralling manner. She lifts her palm from the earth, pulling it back before throwing it forward and directing the flames to separate from her and aim for her assailant.

The assailant just gets into view of the girl, gritting his teeth before his eyes widen at the incoming fire attack. He has enough time to throw his arms before him and the flames manoeuvre around either side of him just in time, though it still licks at his face and body.