dominance

Remus, Sirius and company followed a pretty regular routine once everyone got on the same page.

By the November moon, James and Sirius had successfully become animagi. James was a stag, Sirius was a dog.

When Sirius had shown Remus his canine form, Remus nearly fainted.  Before he kissed Sirius quickly, shouted "it all makes so much sense now," and practically ran to the library.

He b-lined for the book he found himself becoming alarmingly familiar with this year and flipped to chapter 7 again.

An Act of Dominance Remus read quickly 'should two were-beasts find themselves exhibiting companionship tendencies towards each other, an act of dominance may be used to end the period of symptom exhibition for both mates.

The mates should spend the full moon together, however, they mustn't transform together. Instead they must located each other and perform the act of dominance within the first 15 minutes of the moon reaching its apex.

The act may be completed by either mate. It can consist of nipping, growling, and pawing. Penetration is not required, but in most male-female pairings, it will occur.'

Remus' heart was pounding as he rushed back to the dorm room.

"Sirius!" He shouted as the portrait swung open. "Bedroom, now."

Sirius knew better than to asks questions so he quickly followed Remus up the stairs and sat down on his bed. Remus paced in front of him.

"Have you been feeling irritable towards me?" Remus asked him.

"No?"

"Do you feel like you can't be near me due to strong feelings of hate?"

"Merlin, no. Remus what's this-"

"Okay, one more shot," Remus interrupted him, "have you felt an unsatisfiable desire to share physical space with me?"

Sirius felt his neck start to heat up as a blush took over his face. "Erm- yes."

"Yes?" Remus' head snapped towards Sirius. "Wow. Okay. Wow."

"What, why?"

"In December, we can end my exhibition of companionship."

Sirius looked at him carefully. "Oh." He said in a small voice, "I guess if that's what you want."

"Isn't that what you want?"

"When we started this. You told me forever."

Realization hit Remus like a truck. "No, no. I mean yes, I did. I still do, but like we can end the aggressive parts. Not the together part."

"What? How?"

"Sirius, we're perfect mates. We both exhibit companionship which mean that if we perform an act of dominance. We can end the symptoms."

Sirius cleared his throat. "Oh. Um that sounds sexual."

"I guess for a lot of mates it is, but it doesn't have to be. I mean I'd rather-" Remus paused and watched Sirius for a moment. "I want to wait. I really don't want it to be my condition that forces us to do that."

Sirius felt relieved. "So, how do we do this?"

A surprise chapter... SURPRISE :)