Winter Break

"You're going to do what now?" James asked as he shoved a piece of toast in his mouth. He had woken up late and had to pack and try to eat breakfast before the train left to take him and Peter and most of the other Hogwarts students back to King's Cross.

"It's an act of-er- dominance." Sirius explained. "Essentially, if all goes well, it will alleviate Remus' aggression and stuff."

"And if it goes poorly?" James pressed.

Sirius and Remus shared a look.

"I see," James skeptically. "I really wish you hadn't told me the day I was leaving for holiday. But I will not be the one telling you what to do with each other."

Remus gave him a soft smile. "Thanks James."

Sirius and Remus both restlessly counted down the days until December 18th.

"Tell me the plan again," Sirius said on the day before the full moon.

Remus looked down at Sirius who had his head in Remus' lap. "After Pomfrey sees me to the shack, I will quickly undo my bindings. After I transform, I will make my way out of the shack. You'll be waiting somewhere in the forest. I'll find you. And that's it."

"I know, Remus. You've said that at least fifty times. How does the actual dominance asserting work. Will it even work?"

"Yes!" Remus snapped. "Of course it will work. We're perfect mates."

"The book said two-"

"I don't care what the book said. It's going to work."

"Okay." Sirius conceded, "but I still don't know how to make it work."

"Me fucking either."

"Are you sure that I have to be the dominant one."

Remus sighed. "I don't know Sirius. Do you think it's a good idea for me to bite you?"

"No?"

"Then yes, you have to do it."

"But-"

"I can't have this conversation right now. I'm going to bed."

Sirius moved his head off of Remus' lap. "Good night Rem," he said as he stood. Remus did the same.

Remus reached the foot of the stairs before he turned back around. Sirius was watching him. Remus strode back towards Sirius and pulled him in to a comforting hug. "Thank you Sirius."

Sirius felt a wave of calmness wash over him. He loved being near Remus. He loved Remus.