What if...? #1

What if Emma tried harder to keep Remus and Sirius apart? (Remember that this doesn't belong in the actual story, it's a complete hypothetical).

"And where is he? Huh?" Sirius was dangerously angry. "He should be here supporting you!"

"I don't want him here!" Remus shouted back. "I don't want him in the line of fire. I told him not to come."

"Well you told me not to become an animagus so I could transform with you, but I did it anyways."

"Because you're a bloody idiot. Do you realize how-"

"It's because I'm fucking in love with you." Sirius didn't even realize he'd said it until it was out.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Remus asked him stupidly.

Sirius didn't respond with his words, that was never his strong suit. He ambushed Remus with his mouth, kissing him very deliberately. Even though it was entirely too clumsy and included a good amount of teeth clinking, to Sirius it was pure bliss.

"Sirius- what the fuck are you doing. You and Marlene, and-and Bertram." Initially, Remus was furious. Sirius just made him a cheater. But soon after, his more animalistic side took over. He pushed Sirius against the wall and stole a quick kiss, biting hard on Sirius' lower lip. Remus then moved to kissing Sirius' jawline. He nibbled at the tender flesh of Sirius' neck.

It was becoming harder to hold back. After spending so much time together as animals, it was hard to resist the primal instincts that threatened to envelop them.

Remus aggressively shoved Sirius' chin towards the ceiling with his own nose, exposing even more tender flesh. Remus growled. His heightened senses allowed him to hear the pulse running through Sirius' neck. Remus quickly went to work sucking and biting beautiful purple bruises in Sirius' soft skin.

"Remus," Sirius panted, But Remus wasn't listening. He was battling the wolf inside himself. Remus had desired to feel this kind of release with Bertram, but it just wasn't possible.

Sirius was feeling extremely aroused as Remus' mouth moved quickly across his flesh. He too, eventually had to give in a bit to his canine side. But he knew their interaction could become dangerous very quickly as they each tried to assert dominance.

"Remus," Sirius said again, this time the name left his mouth in a low growl, which grabbed Remus' attention very quickly. Remus went back to exploring Sirius' mouth with his own. Their tongues danced together as their desire for dominance carried over there too.

"Ah- Remus," Sirius moaned again. He knew that they had to end it now, before Remus became unreasonable. He raised his voice, "Remus, stop," he said firmly. Almost immediately, Remus did as he was told.

After a moment's pause, the entirety of the situation sunk in, and Remus was woefully embarrassed. "Merlin, Sirius, I'm so sorry. I got a bit carried away."

The politeness of Remus' words made Sirius laugh. "Remus, it's okay."

"It's not okay. We both have others.." He trailed off.

"Of the things to worry about, you chose Bertram and Marlene?" Sirius raised his eyebrows at the boy standing in front of him. "Not the fact that neither of us have any idea of how to control the other side of ourselves."

"Merlin. I didn't even think of that."

"I gathered that." Sirius told him, trying to introduce a bit of humor into their conversation. But truthfully, now Remus couldn't stop thinking of all the worst case scenarios that could have just played out. He could have actually killed his best friend; the person he loved more than anything or anyone else. In his years of werewolf research, he hadn't yet come across how to control himself when he was pursuing a physical relationship with someone with canine like tendencies who wasn't also a werewolf. He couldn't help but laugh at the specificity of the situation.