What if...? #4

What if we got to learn what Sirius' plan was?

When Sirius was finally picked to have his turn in the closet, Remus felt his excitement bubbling. He watched the bottle spin around and around. It slowed down on its fifth spin and stopped two people ahead of Remus: on James.

A wave of disappointment washed over Remus as he watched James ruffle Lily's hair on his way to the closet. Sirius said he was going to make sure Remus was spun as his partner. He swore it.

Remus was left to sit and stew for all of 30 second when James and Sirius came tumbling back through the door.

Sirius had James in a headlock. "Get me different partner! James won't kiss me."

Everyone but Marlene and Dorcas, as they were occupying the other cabinet, busted up. Sirius released James and shoved him back towards the circle that was looking even less circular than it had at the beginning. James tried to flatten the creases on his shirt before he sat down.

Remus' pulse quickened as he heard the door click shut. If he wasn't picked this time, he was going to march into Sirius' closet regardless.

James took the liberty of spinning the bottle this time. Remus watched it rotate and finally slow down to point right at him. His new excitement was quickly snuffed out by Bertram.

"Definitely not." Bertram said as he glared across the circle at Remus. "No, not again."

James seemed adamant to protect their fun. "What could go wrong, Berty. I mean look at those hickeys, they've obviously already made out."

Bertram scoffed. "Exactly."

"Exactly!" James looked smug now, "so what's the harm."

Bertram stared at James once more before he directed his attention to Remus. "No. You're not going."

There was a smile playing on Remus' lips as he stood. "It's a game, Bertram.. relax." He maneuvered passed Bertram on the way to Sirius.

"It's not a game if you like it." Bertram called out.

Remus spun on his heel and flashed a shit eating grin. "Games are supposed to be fun." He didn't hear another complaint from Bertram after that.

Sirius was sitting differently than Remus had been the first time. Remus had gone for crossed legs; Sirius' were stretched straight in front of him. Remus wasted no time making himself comfortable straddling Sirius' thighs with his knees. "Not funny." He growled.

"What's not funny?" There was an innocent grin on Sirius' face that Remus need to kiss away, so he did. It was hard and fast and caught Sirius by complete surprise. "We needed to be less obvious." Sirius defended himself.

"Do you think I give two fucks about what anyone thinks we're doing in here?" Remus asked. Sirius shrugged as Remus slid his hand around the nape of Sirius' neck; he felt the longer tufts of hair fall across his knuckles. "I think I like it better this way."

"You're a control freak." Sirius immediately retorted.

"You'd let the power get to your head." Remus purred. He drew his thumb over one of Sirius' high cheekbones. "And you're too much of a tease."

"Oh, and you're not?"

Remus immediately kissed him. It was less aggressive than the first, but undoubtedly controlled by Remus who had his hands firmly holding Sirius' face in place.

"You'd better be careful, I'm delicate." Sirius smirked.

Remus gazed down at Sirius' beautiful face- his high cheekbones, the narrow bridge of his nose, and his sharp jawline. "Then I'd better be the only one to handle you. An even better reason for me to be in charge." Remus kissed him again- slower this time and more deliberate. They were both panting at this point. "Were you really trying to kiss James or was that part of your plan?"

"Jealous?"

"Yes," Remus snarled. He tipped Sirius' head back so he could nuzzle along his throat.

"Says the guy who invited his boyfriend."

"Ex." Remus clarified in the same tone.

"I'm surprised he didn't come to supervise- make sure we kept it PG."

"Stop talking about him," Remus snapped before he set to work marking Sirius' neck with love bites that mirrored his own.

"I guess he'll know what happens when he sees that."

"Shut. Up." Remus was growling now. "Don't speak on more word about him. He is irrelevant and useless and I never want to think about him when I'm straddling you."

"This is going to be a repeat occurrence?"

"Maybe if you're good."

"I'll be good, Remus."

"Good." Remus leaned in for another kiss.

When they finally stepped out of the closet, their shirts were rumpled and their lips were swollen. Most of their friends had left, actually only James, Peter, and Lily remained.

"Looks like you guys got a double," James smiled. "Probably because the door opened and closed twice within the first few minutes."

Sirius pushed himself up on his tiptoes to whisper to Remus, "I told you I had a plan."

Remus smiled. "Did we miss anything? Where is everyone?"

"James and I ended up going after Marlene and Dorcas." Lily said as James pulled her to her feet. "Peter threw up out here while we were in there, so I guess people were kind of over it." She shrugged. "Only Pete was out here when we were done."

Peter raised his limp arm from where he was laying face first in the couch. James sidestepped Lily to help Peter. "Alright," James grunted as he helped Peter steady himself on his feet. He slung one of Peter's arms over his shoulders and held him up with an arm around his midsection. "Okay, let's get you to bed."

Peter mumbled something inaudible.

The five of them slowly made their way back to their tower with Lily and Sirius skipping ahead as they held hands. They'd wait every so often to let Remus and James, who were trying their best to drag Peter through the halls, catch up.

Remus couldn't help but grin as he remembered the way Sirius' hair felt as he tugged it and the way Sirius' lips fell slack beneath his own. Sirius was all talk, because given the chance, he happily gave the control to Remus. And Remus was even happier to take it.