boys in the daylight

Remus woke to a knock on the door. "Mr. Lupin?" The voice of Madam Pomfrey filtered into the shrieking shack.

"A minute please." He said groggily as he rolled over and right in to something terribly hairy. "Oh shit," Remus hissed. "Shit, shit, shit." He shook the large black dog in front of him. "Sirius."

"Huh?" Sirius asked after quickly transforming back into a human.

"Shhh. Pomfrey is here."

"Shit!"

"Remus, dear may I come in?"

"Just a minute, please. I'm-um-indecent."

Sirius took a moment to observe that Remus was in fact naked. He snickered.

"Back to the dog, now." Remus hissed as he tugged some pants and a sweater on. "And stop laughing, you're naked too."

Sirius turned himself back into a large dog to avoid his embarrassment.

"Um, you can come in now." Remus called to his caretaker.

The door swung open to reveal a blushing Remus Lupin and his canine companion. "Did you make a friend, Mr. Lupin."

"Err-yes. I have decided to name him- Snuffles."

Sirius barked.

Madam Pomfrey chuckled. "It seems he likes that name. Now come along, we will get you checked out."

Remus nodded.

"Seems you're in okay shape, though. How are you feeling?"

"Oh, yes. I feel wonderful. Never better, actually."

Madam Pomfrey eyed him suspiciously. "Possible head damage. Noted."

Sirius waited for the door to shut before he began looking around for his clothes. Until he realized they had to be wherever he transformed last night. He set out as Snuffles to find his missing garments.

***

After Remus convinced Madam Pomfrey that he did not suffer any head damage, she let him leave the infirmary. He headed to the common room where he was sure to find Sirius.

"Breakfast?" He asked as he sat down on the couch that Sirius was occupying.

Sirius leaned over and kissed him. "I haven't told you yet. But you should know I really really love you."

Remus grinned at him. "I love you too. So much."

"Can we talk about what happened last night?"

A look of concern crossed Remus' face, "of course, is everything alright?"

"First, did it work?"

"I'm not sure," Remus admitted. "The book did say that there is a test or something. We can look into it."

Sirius nodded, "also, last night, I just felt this overwhelming guilt."

Remus took Sirius' hands in his.

"I just knew that it was supposed to be the other way. I think it's because part of me wants to submit."

Remus kissed him, "thank you for telling me. And for going through with it last night. That really means a lot to me."

"I feel like I took away your opportunity."

"Sirius- I'm not really sure how dominance is going to impact us. It might have no effect, it might have many. Right now we should enjoy spending time together and see what happens."

"I trust you so much, Remus."

"I know. I trust you too."

"So you promise that we'll communicate through all of this."

"Always."