Are the rumors true? (Bertram is an asshole)

There was only about a month until students would be released for summer vacation- the boys' last before their seventh year. It was this time last year Bertram outed Remus.

The four boys- who now officially called themselves the Marauders- knew that something was wrong when people stopped whispering when any one of them entered the room.

There was no dancing around the problem. The four of them shared so many secrets and a threat to one of those was a threat to all four of them.

"What do we know?" Peter was standing before the three other boys occupying a couch in the Room of Requirement. There was a chalk board that was ready to capture all of their brainstorming as soon as they spoke.

"Seems to be multi-house," Sirius offered, "everyone goes completely mum when we are anywhere near them."

James nodded and watched thoughtfully as Sirius' words were scrawled across the board in his own handwriting. 

"Regulus just took the mark, allegedly," Sirius offered again. 

"Could be something about that," Remus agreed as he laced his fingers with Sirius'. "Or something about us."

'Gay romantic escapade' was written on the board in Remus' handwriting; everyone got a good chuckle out of it.

"We need someone to spill," Peter decided, "it makes me nervous how long it's been going on without someone slipping."

"I've pissed off everyone I've asked in the past."

"Oh all the girls you've slept with?" Remus mused.

'Pissed off whores,' the board offered.

Sirius stiffened beside him. "Yeah, Remus all the girls I slept with because you were avoiding me to spend time with your precious Bertram when I was in love with you."

"Yeah, I'm aware of the circumstances," Remus said, his tone cut through Sirius, "it was still not okay. You used those girls and put yourself in fights because you liked the pain. And guess what, you didn't want to talk about it before, now is your chance. We're not leaving here until we've exhausted each option."

"I'm not talking about it." Sirius huffed.

"The hell you aren't."

James stepped in, "enough!"

Remus and Sirius turned to glare at him, "stay out of it, James," Remus growled.

"Ooohh, it's one of those arguments," James commented while he and Peter shared a look.

Peter immediately knew what James was saying. Sirius and Remus sometimes did this type of arguing. It was unproductive, noisy, and could escalate quickly. But, um, chances were neither Remus or Sirius would be sleeping in a room they shared with anyone but each other tonight.

"We don't need to talk about it," Sirius insisted.

Remus glared at him, "you were awful to them. They deserve apologies."

"I told them before-"

"I realize that Hogwarts is a bit notorious for touch and go relationships and hooking up a million times before graduation, but that does not excuse your behavior."

"Yeah, Remus I know that it was wrong, whatever."

"Not whatever."

"I told you I would write letters to them."

"And you haven't."

"Yet."

The tone in Sirius' voice told Remus the conversation was over. Their relationship didn't change much after the dominance ritual, but there was an undeniable tone each of them had that struck the other to the core. When his mind was set on something, Sirius' was more effective than Remus'.