James or Homework?

"Ouch, Sirius," Remus groaned as Sirius slid around in bed. The full moon was three days ago and Remus was still sore from the entire ordeal.

Sirius froze as if each new movement would hurt Remus more. "Sorry," he replied sheepishly.

Remus looked up at the boy who was straddling him. He hated they cycle they were stuck in, it was no fair to Sirius. Remus was irritable and unpredictable most of the time, and the few days they had together after the moon had to be spent tiptoeing around Remus' post-transformation injuries. He sighed and lifted his arms and rested his hands on each of Sirius thighs, "don't be, I'm alright. Honest."

The intimate position they were sharing was driving Sirius mad. He leaned in so his lips were positioned just below the base of Remus' jaw line. "Can I kiss you here?" He whispered as his lips grazed the skin below them.

Remus sighed, "y-yes," he replied shakily.

Sirius planted a tender kiss where his said he would and moved down Remus' neck, "here?" He was about half way between Remus' jaw and collarbone.

Sirius felt Remus nod and proceeded to press his lips to Remus' hot flesh.

"Here?" Sirius' lips hovered over the top of Remus' collar bone.

Remus was losing his patience for this game, "Sirius," he said calmly, "kiss me wherever you'd like."

Sirius couldn't help but grin this time as he placed a kiss right on top of the protruding ridge.

"Here?" He asked again, partly because he knew it was driving Remus mad, but mostly because he loved they way Remus consented to his touch.

"Please," Remus whimpered.

Sirius was surprised with Remus' response, he was expecting something harsh, but did as he was asked and placed another kiss part of the way down Remus' collar bone.

"Her-"

"Don't ask again," Remus warned, and Sirius knew he reached the end of Remus' patience.

So Sirius continued, without asking before each time. He placed his lips on parts of Remus' body that hadn't been kissed before. He kissed around the curve of his shoulder and down the side of his rib cage; slowly, deliberately. Remus was doing his best not to squirm too much under Sirius' touch in case Sirius misinterpreted it as Remus being uncomfortable, because he was anything but. The soreness he was feeling minutes ago dissolved as endorphins courses through his body.

Sirius stopped when he felt the sharp protrusion of a hip bone. He looked up at Remus and took note of the way he had his head tipped back slightly and his chest was rising and falling quickly. Sirius smiled to himself, well aware that he was the sole cause of Remus' arousal.

"Remus," Sirius said hoarsely.

"Hmm?" replied the other while tipping his head down to meet his gaze.

Sirius propped himself back up onto this elbows so he was face to face with the boy beneath him. "I could do this forever."

Remus chuckled as his face turned even redder, "too bad James and Peter will be back soon," he said softly. He lifted a hand and tucked a strand of hair behind Sirius' ear.

Sirius smiled, "and now you've killed the mood by bringing up my best mate. Thank you Remus," he replied sarcastically.

"Well that's good. No mood means we can work on our Divination ess-" he was interrupted by Sirius mouth crashing into his own.

"Please don't talk about homework while we're in bed." He scolded while their lips still hung centimeters apart.

"Well which is it? James or homework? Which one turns you off the most?" Remus teased.

Sirius lifted his head and laughed and pressed three quick and random kisses across Remus abdomen. "James, probably." He pressed another kiss right were Remus' sternum ended. His face twisted like he ate something sour, "definitely James," he croaked.

This time Remus laughed.

Sirius pressed two more kisses as he made his way towards Remus' navel. "Homework isn't so bad," he murmured as he left another kiss. "I can see you taking notes in class," another kiss, "reading by the fire," another, "god," he mused softly, "reciting incantations," Sirius left a light love bit right next to Remus' belly button. "Homework isn't so bad," he repeated, grinning as he looked up at Remus, who was panting ever so slightly.

Before Remus had any time to react, Sirius licked straight across his navel. Remus let out a sound of surprise that landed somewhere between a yelp and a whimper, and it took all of Sirius' self discipline to pull himself off of Remus.

"That's what you get for bringing up James," Sirius jokingly teased while Remus tried to hide his embarrassment following whatever noise just erupted from his mouth.

Feels more like a one shot than an excerpt from Sirius' book, but just go with it.