3.I Already Knew All This

April's words haunted Donatello for a long time after. It wasn't even the fact it was coming from April that bothered him, it was the fact he already knew everything she'd thrown at him and this only confirmed what he thought of himself.

Donnie lifted the pathetic remnants of his glasses and looked at them hopelessly. How could he make new ones if he was basically blind? Tears of pure frustration began to stream down his cheeks and for a while he just let them fall.

Then, wiping away the last of his tears, Donnie turned around in his swivel chair and opened all his desk drawers, blindly feeling around the various items with his hand.

Donnie felt the hopelessness flood in to him when he couldn't decipher what he was feeling between his fingers. He felt too nervous trying to guess what things were due to some of the dangerous items he had within his lab.

A swell of hope bloomed in his chest when he felt the frames of a pair of glasses in one of his bottom drawers and he excitedly lifted them out. He felt them with both hands and Donnie deflated when he realized these were a much smaller pair from his childhood.

A memory came to mind as he wiped a thumb over one of the lenses. Him as a child, trying to lift a piece of food with a knife instead of a fork, thinking he had the correct piece of cutlery.

In my bottom drawer though, I lifted out a pair of glasses that used to be mine when I was younger. I remember Master Splinter telling me that I'd need them after I tried to drink ketchup, thinking it was soda.

Yeah, I was seconds away from drinking ketchup, till' Leo came in and wondered why I was doing it. I sought out Master Splinter and he checked. My eyesight wasn't so bad, but it's got worse though.

I put them back in my drawer as they were tiny. Even if I tried to look out of them, they aren't strong enough for my current eyesight.

What do I do now?

...

When Casey and April finally went home, I sought out Leo for help.

He was in the dojo, meditating. Do I even risk disturbing him? I will. I need to talk to someone right now too.

"Um...Leo?" I asked walking around to face him.

"Donnie, im meditating." he opened an eye.

"Yeah, but I.." he cut me off.

"Where's your glasses?" He opened both eyes.

"Broke..I was wondering if you could help me make new ones." I said.

"Donnie, I'm no good at that stuff, you know that." he said,raising one of his eye ridges.

"But I can't see what I'm doing, I could explain to you and you could-" I got cut off again.

"Go ask Raph to help you." he closed his eyes dismissively.

I didn't push him any further, I walked out of the dojo, still half blind. Maybe Raph will help me? Maybe.

I walked slowly to Raph's room, and knocked on the door. All I heard was a grunt so I took it I could come in.

"Raph?" I opened the door and poked my head in. He was feeding Spike. I think.

"What?" He looked up.

"Could you help me make my glasses?"

"Im feeding Spike." he looked back to his pet turtle.

"Yeah but-" I was cut of for the hundredth time today.

"Im busy, ask Leo?" He turned to me again.