14. A Sense Of Hoplessness

"Raph, come here," Donnie hissed under his breath, trying to mask that he was even speaking.

"C'mon we have to- woah." Raph stopped short, spotting Karai on Donnie's computer.

"Hello there,Raphael," Karai grinned awkwardly, her broken jaw making one side of her mouth drop to one side.

The red clad turtle's hatred for the girl on the other end of the live video feed angered him beyond boundaries.

Karai had expected death threats and insults to come flying out of the hot headed turtles mouth, but Raph only growled and clenched his fists in a form of a reply.

"Ooh, someone has a very short temper," Karai snickered, unable to restrain herself from angering him even more.

"Go.to.hell.Karai." Raph hissed through gritted teeth, pausing after each word for affect to show how livid he was.

"Raph, cool it," Donnie spoke under his breath like a ventriloquist without a puppet."Look who's behind her."

Thd red clad turtle got closer to the computer screen, squinting his eyes to see behind the kunoich and her devilish smirk, only to find his older brother Leo, sitting and watching helplessly.

"Okay, so I'll just get straight to it, you can save them all," Karai said abruptly,licking her lips, ready to continue.

"Yeah right, what's the catch?" Raph crossed his arms, glaring at the webcam in hope she felt intimated.

"Oh yes, the catch, my favourite part. You, Donatello, you surrender yourself and I'll let everyone else go," Karai said, putting her hands on her hips, enjoying the situation far too much.

Donnie's heart beated in his chest like a frantic bird. Why him? What obsession did she have with torturing him?

He felt his own eyes widen slightly, before he felt a panic attack starting to overtake his senses. How could he choose himself over everyone else? How could he be so selfish as to get everyone else killed just so he could live? but he wanted to end his own life, not have Karai do it slowly and tortuously.

He felt Raph's hand on his shell, and a small pat from his big brother. He felt comfort radiating from the small gesture, but not all the pats in the world could help him now.

"-And just to show I mean business here, I have no bother in showing you I'll kill anyone at any time," Karai walked over to beside a petrified looking April.

"Look away Donnie, look away," Raph urged Donatello, beginning to use both his hands to twist him around by his shell.

But Donnie couldn't look away. He couldn't even move. It was as if his feet were stuck to the floor, and he was immobile. Now he had to watch Karai, as she held her Tanto blade under April's neck.

"Any last words?" Karai grinned, her broken jaw slumping her mouth to the right. It may not have looked like a grin, but everyone could definitely tell that's what she was attempting.

April seemed unable to speak. Only rasps of what were attempt at words were coming out, and it made her sound as though she were being strangled. The panic in her eyes were visble, even from where Donnie and Raph stood watching.

Karai cruelly waited to see if she could speak, grinning nonstop into the camera. She then walked away from April, her sick mind coming up with more ideas. She brought the camera closer, and then put her tanto under April's neck again. Again she waited to see if April's ability to speak would came back.

"I-I-I.." April stuttered, her face paling even more as the minutes went by.

Karai sighed impatiently. "And we'll never know what you were trying to say, oh well," she smirked, wincing when her jaw moved suddenly to the action, and caused a sharp burning pain. Just before her act of horror was played out, April suddenly found her voice.