13. Hours To Find Them

"Oh my God..." Donatello whispered, looking around the destroyed appartment.

The yellow sofa was blasted in two and burned,but somehow it survived. The windows were shattered, the once cream walls were now mostly burnt and covered in ash and soot. The roof had caved in because April's apartment was on the top level.

The remnants of her home now crunching beneath Raphael and Donatello's feet, the two brothers could only imagine what happened after they left.

"You don't think..?" Raph turned to Donnie, who was looking around the burnt apartment.

"No, they're not dead. These are destroyed Kraang droids and foot bots" Donnie flicked his goggles of the top of his glasses and looked up at Raphael.

"Don, what if they're...already dead?" Raph asked defeatedly.

"No, if Karai is going to kill them, she won't make it quick. We have some time." Donatello said looking down at the ashes of April's apartment.

"How can you be sure?" Raphael asked.

"She could have killed me at any time. She's going to make them suffer." Donatello looked back into the eyes of his older brother.

...

"Let's get straight to it, tell me where Hamato Yoshi,Raphael and Donatello are and we won't have a problem" Karai stood in the centre of the hexagon shaped room.

No one spoke. Minutes passed with complete silence except for the breathing of everyone in the room. There was a very dim brightness coming from the slightly open door which helped a bit.

"Tell me where the god damn lair is or I swear to God-"

"You'll what?" Hannah asked angrily. "Torture us? Kill us?"

Everyone looked at her shocked. Even Karai was taken aback, but she quickly covered her expression with an angry one.

"Precisely Neeson." Karai sneered, twirling her tanto blade in her fingers.

"You've been coming to the lair for months. How do you not know where to go?" Hannah retorted.

Everyone stopped to think about that. It was true, Karai knew where the lair was, right?

"Yes well.." Karai stopped short, looking down.

"He hit you too hard again, didn't he?"' Hannah hissed.

"It was not his intentions!" Karai's head snapped up.

"What are you guys talking about?" Mikey asked confused. Truth was, everyone else was just as confused.

"Back before they locked me in that hell they call a cell, if Karai did something wrong, failed a mission or simply didn't please Shredder, he would beat her," Hannah told everyone without breaking Karai's stare, who looked away annoyed.

"And he'd get just a bit too angry and hit her in the head too hard, and she would forget things. So now you can't remember where the lair is, can you?" Hannah finished, staring at Karai intently.

"He always liked you better!" Karai hissed. "Ever since they took you, and I had to train and take you on as my sister, he always preferred you," Karai said with a hint of saddness to her voice.

"Took me? You mean I have parents?!" Hannah exclaimed.

"Of course you do! Where do you think the name Neeson came from?" Karai said looking back at Hannah again.

"Where are they? Where are my parents?" Hannah asked in a frantic way.

"They're long dead Hannah. That's why I made sure you didn't find out you had them," Karai said.