Ch. Eight

Raye had just gotten off of the phone when she heard keys jingle outside the door, indicating the arrival of Brie.
Folding her arms across her chest she leaned against the entryway leading into the sitting area, waiting patiently.
It was barely lit in the apartment. She had switched most of the lights off, however, the moment Brie stepped in and locked the door, she tapped on the light and flinched at the sight of Raye.
She made a little squealing noise that Raye couldn't help but smirk too as she studied her— biting her lips to keep from displaying her smile.

"Hi, Brienna," She whispered and written on Brie's face was an annoyed look.

"What's wrong."

"Nothing, you just scared me was all."

"I thought it was funny, the look on your face was priceless."

"I know but not funny," Brienna said, walking up to Raye after taking her jacket off. She quickly kissed her and was about to continue on, but was held in place by Raye at the waist.

"Did Cassie brought you home again tonight?"

"No, I just clocked out a little late."

"Okay."

Raye was hoping that maybe Brienna was going to confess but she didn't and the more she thought about it the angrier she got, but she didn't show it.
Quietly she studied Brie as she went about getting ready for bed, she showered and combed her hair. She didn't even eat and when she was done and got into their room, Raye showed up by the doorway. It was obvious that something was upsetting her Raye thought and she wondered if by any chance it was the situation with her brother. Did she know? Or was she just worried? Walking into the room, hands tucked deep within her pockets she observed Brie in silence until their gazes locked.

"Why did you lie to me last night?" She struck up and Brie froze.

"What?"

"Yeah, last night. You told me that you were at Cassie's place but you weren't. Where were you?" Raye gave her a chance to come clean and as she continued to glare at her, she saw her sigh, closing her eyes seemingly in deep contemplation.

"It was Cassie's idea, I just want you to know that. She came to the hospital to pick me up so that we could go see Craig. It's been a while since she'd seen him and she was worried. About a week ago she got a call from him saying that he was probably going out of town and when she tried to get him to explain why he never did."

"But I asked where you were and you lied, why?"

"We didn't want anyone to know about what's happening with him, mostly our parents. Craig's been involved in some things we don't want everyone to know about."

"So I'm considered as everyone?"

"No baby, no." Brie stood up from the bed, to walk over to Raye. "Cassie just wasn't sure what was happening and she still isn't, she told me not to say anything. I'm there because she confided in me and I'm being supportive."

"Right, what about the whole you going into a neighbourhood like that thing?
Brienna I've told you before that you needed to be careful about where you go and with whom."

"I was. How did you know that?"

"Really? You think I'm going to act like the drama from the last two years didn't happen?"

"So you have the guys follow me without letting me know?"
Brie fussed, frowning at Raye.

"Why are you even upset, you know that it is for your safety and that of your family. I thought you've been aware this entire time."