Ch. Twenty- Five

"I love you," Brie whispers, softly gently pressing her lips to Raye's. Though her eyelids were drowsy and her body ached, Raye had managed to kiss her back just as sweetly. She was happy knowing she didn't die which was why she jumped at the opportunity to propose to Brienna. She'd woken up the day before but no one she knew was there for her. The time she remained awake she thought about her love and what she desperately wanted to do; she woke up for a reason and she wasn't going to take it for granted.

Pecking her lips uncontrollably, Brienna finally pulls away, gazing down at the girl. Smacking her on the arm she caused her to wince. "I deserve that," she chuckles but Brie wasn't anywhere near laughing.

"This isn't funny, you scared me!"

"I know and I'm sorry,"

"For a minute I thought I was going to lose you. I cried so much," Brie rants and Raye lays there listening to her patiently. She was aware that she needed to do this.

"Those four days I couldn't talk to you left me completely hollow. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. I was hospitalized because of what they did to you,"

"Hospitalized?" Raye frowns. "For what?"

"I panicked when I heard that you were in surgery and how bad your condition was. They sedated me because I was hysterical and I may have fought a few people including your uncle,"

Raye remained wide-eyed for a moment, eyeing the dark-haired girl up and down. "You fought my uncle?"

"Not my proudest thing to admit, but yeah."

"Wow," Raye answers trying to picture such a thing in her mind and honestly she could see it— a hysterical Brienna being feisty and cat-like towards Luca, she thought it amusing so she laughed.

"That's not the point. Why did you go to that bar?" Brie scowls. Raye sighs rubbing her eyes before looking back at the girl. She knew at some point things were going to expose themselves.

"I needed some time for myself, so I decided to head there. It wasn't a big deal at first but I ran into Quinn."

"What?"

"Yeah. He didn't do anything at first except talk me to death but after I left I remembered being followed by two men and one of them grabbed me by my collar and slams me against this car. The other son of a bitch shot me twice."

"This is exactly why I keep telling you to be careful. I knew something like this was going to happen, it was inevitable."

"I know and I'm sorry," Raye attempts to wrap a hand around the girl's waist, holding her tight. Placing a kiss on her forehead, she smirks. "You didn't exactly answer my question though if I'm to be totally honest."

Brienna grins after hearing such a thing. She couldn't hide her smile so she moves away from the girl's chest to gaze into her light brown eyes.
"Yes," she pauses for a few seconds. "Yes, I'd love for you to make me your wife,"

"Mm," Raye kisses her cheek again, the brightest smile appeared across her face. She knew she'd been happy before but never had she felt this type of happiness. She'd finally popped the question and was going to officially make the most beautiful girl in the world hers to keep and love forever.

"My friends are going to lose their shit," Brie says after a few seconds silence and it caused Raye to chuckle.
"You're right, and I don't blame them. I should've done this a long time ago."

"No, I should've. I wanted to beat you to it,"

"Oh, so it's a game?" Raye asks quietly, holding the girl's hand.