Ch. Seventeen

"Did you hurt him?" Brie asked over the little hum of music coming from the stereo inside of the car. Such a question was seen coming way before Brie had even sat down inside of the car and because of it, Raye had some time to think of what she was going to say to the girl. She knew that Brienna hated the mentions of violence or her being violent but in her world, it was always necessary whether she liked it or not.
Raye would just try sometimes not to cite any of it but it never always worked out.

With her hands gripping the steering wheel tightly, Raye took a few seconds glance over her way, seeing her questioning eyes made her feel a pang of guilt over what had transpired but that guilt quickly dissipated once she took into consideration the seriousness of the matter and how Cassie, whom they had just taken to her boyfriend's place was nearly a victim to it.

"I wasn't the one to do it. Luca got some of the fellas to take care of him. I was only there to question him a little, "

"So he's dead now?"

"I don't think so,"

"Okay,"

"What did you and Craig talk about?" She questioned.

"We didn't exactly speak much," Brienna started to say, shifting in her seat a little. "Craig and I were never that interactive but I told him that I knew what's going on and how appalled I was,"

"How did he react?"

"I saw the little life that he had leave his body. He seemed really remorseful which I expected but still, I'm so angry babe,"

"I understand,"

"Why would he ever get himself caught up in this knowing that it could possibly put our family in danger too?"

Raye didn't respond at first, instead, she pulled into the parking lot of a cafe, turning the engine off she turned her attention to the girl sitting with a scowl. It was late in the afternoon and because of that, she was able to make out her face but with the beautiful gleam of the setting sun lighting up her features. Reaching out she cupped her right cheek, softly brushing her thumb against Brie's tender skin.

"That's something no one but Craig would be able to answer, but I know why someone would contemplate living such a life. Money, prestige, excitement," she listed. "It may be hard for you to grasp but some people actually want to live a life like that because it excites them, while others were dragged into it unwillingly." 

"Did you ever get to talk to him about how he got caught up? I know a conversation between you two would flow more easily than it would between him and I,"

"I did and Craig led me to believe that he followed the wrong group of friends and found himself in deep water. It could all just be lies but I feel like he's not the type to lie about that."

"So he didn't intentionally get involved?"

"Apparently not,"

Sighing, Brienna looked away from Raye only to have her put her tilt her head back that way.

"It's going to be alright," she said, and Brie gave a fraction of a smile, but then that smile widened as she stared into Raye's soft eyes.

"I just love that pretty smile," Raye whispered and she smirked seeing Brie blush. Although she'd complimented her many, many times about a variety of things her reaction always remained the same. Brie was always genuinely delighted of the adulation and the praise, and she never ceased to return the compliments. Leaning over to place a kiss to her ample lips, Raye nibbled eliciting a moan from Brie. She pulled away to admire her long enough to make her blush.

"What?"

"I'm admiring what's mine," Raye said so intensely Brie was taken aback by the passion emanating from both her sultry voice and beautiful slender face.