Ch. Forty- Eight

"Don't panic, it's just a graze, you'll be fine. I can get you all fixed up once we're out of traffic." Brienna stressed with a slight tremble in her voice after assessing the gash on the girl caused by the bullet that was meant to pierce her head. It winded up grazing Charlie's upper arm instead and she was trying to get the squirming girl that drove them to what she could only assume was her home to relax.

With shaking hands, she'd tumbled around the glove compartment and found a few pieces of paper towel to place against the girl's arm.

Whilst putting pressure to the bleeding arm, Brie feels an overwhelming urge of gratitude along with the allaying of the cloud of doom that had weighed heavily on her mind. She felt warmth in her chest when she actually reflected on the recent activities of the past.

Looking over to the girl with the pixie cut and small face that contorted from the pain within her arm, she noted how Charlie did her best to focus on the road. Brie fully understood how the universe conducted itself in that very moment.

A few years ago it had strategically placed Raye and herself in the right environment and circumstances so that they could meet and fall in love— despite the circs not being as pretty as one might've expected. Fast forward to the present, it did the same but this time bringing Charlie into her life only to have the girl be her saviour.

Brienna felt like the way in which Charlie was introduced into their lives was exactly how it was supposed to be despite at first she wasn't too keen on the younger girl being apart of the violence. Now she realized it was intended for her to play such a pivotal and vital role in both her and Raye's life and who knew. Maybe if someone else had been in Charlie's position, Brie would've probably met her end that very day.

Understanding the reason why she felt those inexplicable emotions when she'd met Charlie weeks ago, she smiles at the girl, reaching over from her seat and wrapping her arm around her neck in a quick hug.

"Whoa!" Charlie exclaims, her eyes bulging when she lost control of the car for a split second. "What's that for?"

"For saving my life." Brie's lustrous eyes were pinned to the girl. There was a moment's pause while she thinks of what she desperately needed to say in that instant.

"Thank you a-and I know this may sound silly but for going to the bar that night and for getting in trouble. For beating the crap out those guys so you could be here. I'm so sorry that my brother isn't here for you. He would've been so happy to know that you're a badass, he would've loved that actually." Brie says, tears in her eyes at the end of her words.

The car goes silent while she and Charlie both sat in their seats, reality kicking in. The severity of their situation resurrecting so much grief and so many other feelings had finally settled. Brienna couldn't wait to find Raye and wrap herself in her strong arms all cuddled up. She couldn't wait to be with her family again so their stresses could be eased. She couldn't wait to see Craig despite it was going to be the last time.

Drying the stray tears that rolled down her cheeks, Brie prayed that everything back at the club turned out alright. She and Charlie had barely made it away when they saw a few police vehicles speeding off to what she assumed was the scene.

It couldn't have been them that alerted folks to call the police so quickly, so it could only mean someone did it ahead of time and she wondered if it was the very girl that sat in the driver's seat or maybe even Luca.

"Where's Luca though, Raye said he would've been with you?" Her dark brows drew down in a light frown after she realized that she hadn't seen any sign of the man since.

"Well he was.. but then he decided he wanted to be with her and he did. He left me alone to take care of you."

"So he's back there?"