Ch. Twenty- One

Rinsing the soap bubbles from her hands, Raye subsequently breaks her eyes away from the task after being alerted by someone else entering the restroom. At the entrance, she locks eyes with Katherina and she glowers.
"Any particular reason why you're ignoring me?"

"There are many," Raye stated tersely, fixing her face as sternly as possible. She'd been aware of how openly the girl had been flirting and she didn't exactly appreciate it. If she'd known this was what she'd get herself into she would've refused coming to the restaurant in the first place.

"I'd like to know why," the blonde perks herself up on the sink's surface, the stench of her perfume burning Raye's nostrils and she scowled even harder.

"For starters," she states, grabbing a paper towel to dry her hands, ignoring the girl the entire time until she was done. Tossing the paper into the bin when she was done. With an intensity, she locks her hazel eyes onto the girl's, remaining completely stolid by her amused expression.

"I'm not interested in you the way you might be with me and I don't mean to be rude about it. I have a girlfriend,"

"Okay, but what does that have to do with me?" Katherina gets closer, opening up her legs around Raye. The blood boiling in her veins was at a profound level and Raye knew at some point she was going to snap at the girl but she was trying to avoid it, though Katherina's persistence was both commendable and annoying.

"Nothing, I'm just stating that no matter how hard you try, I'm never going to be impressed. I suggest you respect yourself," Raye pushed away from her, but she grabbed hold of her shoulder and held her in place. Katherina tried to kiss her, but her reflexes were faster and she managed to grab her by the throat. She'd pulled her off the sink's surface and shoved her up against the nearby wall, an iciness to her eyes.
This wasn't the first time she'd had to subdue a handsy woman. She hated using such force but some times it was necessary.

"I'm aware that you seem to love this type of attention, unfortunately, I don't," she whispers icily. Putting over her point in a very belligerent manner.
"The next time you try touching me like that, I'll break every single one of your fingers, understood?" Katherina nods frantically. She'd been clawing at the hand Raye had wrapped around her throat after realizing that the taller girl meant business.

Disgust written loosely on her slender face, Raye slipped her fingers away from the girl only to hear her cough a few times. With a hardened expression on her face, she storms out of the restaurant. Luca had seen but did nothing as he had noted the anger in her strides.

Out in the open, she decides to call the guys left in charge to keep eyes on the Paulson's.

"Boss?" Paolo answers.

"Make sure that they each get home safe."

"Whatever you say,"

"Brienna as well alright. Have someone tell her I won't be home until a little bit later, I'm stuck here with my uncle." She lies. In reality, she was actually making her way to a bar a few minutes away from the restaurant to get a drink.

For some reason, she feels overwhelmed by the stress cast upon her recently. She never showed it but some things were taking a toll onto her.
Her mental state wasn't like what it used to be. She had more sleepless nights and horror-filled dreams about death shook her from her sleep.
Brienna still didn't know to this very day and she couldn't let her. That's why from time to time she'd indulge in a cigarette or a shot of something hard to calm the broken nerves.

The whole thing with Craig and his family, then with her acting as referee to mitigate the drama between Brie's friends seemed like a breeze but it wasn't. It was just another hurdle in her way, and that along with everything else left her feeling exhausted.