Ch. Twenty

There was a knock at the door and it somewhat early in the morning, startling Mia just a little. Neither of her friends had mentioned stopping by so she was a little surprised as to who it could be.

She goes over to the door after a few seconds of staring at it like she was crazy. An uncertainty settling within the pit of her stomach, which eventually eases across her face leaving a resting scowl. Her strides were long as she neared, checking to see whom it was before letting them in.
Strangely enough, on the other side, she saw Ava standing there alone with a softness gleaming in her emerald green eyes. She was dressed in a brown oversized jacket with the dress she wore the night prior underneath while her golden tendrils spilt about her shoulders, stopping just a bit short from touching her waist.

Mia unlocks her door and peers out, looking down at the shorter girl. Her expression had softened intensely. Her heart swoons just a little at the sight of her. A smile spreads across the faces of both girls, but Ava's shades the sadness and the depression she'd been feeling stemming from the incident just last night.

"Hi,"

"Hey," answers Ava, stepping into the apartment when the girl moves from the door and lets her in. The familiar scent and homey feel of the girl's place wrapped it's pillowy arms around her mind as soon as she makes her way further in. She sighs. She liked Mia's place more than her own.

"Is everything alright?"

"I should be the one asking you that instead," answers Mia. Casting her dark eyes onto the girl. She was happy to see her but given the circumstances, she was a little annoyed.

"I'm fine,"

There's a bit of silence that lingers on in the air, Ava takes a seat at the couch and the other girl follows. Ava couldn't take her eyes off of her for many reasons, she was beautiful. Her eyes were laid so sharply, probably the girl's most admirable feature. Her personality was unmatched when compared to their friends. Mia had a way of drawing people in whenever she spoke. She also enjoyed the switch the girl would do between accents, she thought it was the most sexist thing ever. Fiddling with her fingers, she finally snaps out of her head after sensing her impatience.

"I'm sorry,"

"Okay," Mia replies, sitting there coming across as impassive when really she was quaking inside. She couldn't exactly tell where any of this was going to go, but she hoped nowhere too awful. Her conversation last night with Brie left her thinking and she knew at some point Ava would come to a decision about their affair; she didn't want it to end.

"I'm sorry about last night, I'm sorry about leading you on this entire time. This is all my fault,"

"It's not, don't do that." Mia tried to ease the load she was sure Ava felt tremendously but it didn't seem to work. She started to tear up and that's when she moved from her seat to get closer to her.

"It's not your fault, I'm also to be blamed."

"You're not the one who has a boyfriend and still fucks her friend on the side," the girl snaps.

"You got rid the guy you were seeing long before we even started this. I'm the bad one here."

"Okay then, so what, you beat yourself up over it?"

"I feel awful Mia,"

"So do I," she pauses, scratching her brow just a little. "Do you think I wanted last night to happen? It was humiliating. Keith embarrassed us both in front of our friends."

"They already knew, so." The girl gets up and sniffs, causing Mia to be silenced. "Brie, Raye, Christopher, they already knew. The only person who was oblivious was poor Trisha,"