Ch. Eighteen

"Are you sure you'll be fine at Jon's place?"

"I'm one hundred per cent sure. I feel better knowing that I'm sleeping next to someone,"

"Cassie but you know I'm here too," Brie fussed, walking around the bedroom, the phone clutched to her ear. Raye was leaning against the door, her hands tucked in her pockets as usual while she listens in on the one side of the conversation she could hear that was conducted between the sisters.
What she'd learned so far was that Cassie decided to stay with Jon instead of coming back at their apartment and she understood why. Maybe she didn't feel extremely comfortable. She probably thought she was imposing on their privacy when truth be told Raye knew Brienna was just as fine with her sister staying at their place as she was.
She had no intentions of pressuring the girl, she had her men watching her and her boyfriend, along with the rest of Brie's family and friends and so far, everything seemed mellow again.

"Are you sure there's nothing that I can do to make you change your mind about coming to the party?"

"I'm sorry Brie, but I just don't feel like partying." Answered Cassie and she knew that on the other end her sister would be pouting and she was correct. The person who actually saw it stood at the door and was now chuckling because of it. Brienna turns to give her the finger and she lifts a brow in amusement. As soon as she'd gotten off the call, Raye was already up against her, cradling her from behind. She started running her hand against the exposed skin of her thigh, thanks to the provocative split at the side of the dress.

"If we weren't already late, I'd be pinning you against the wall right now."

"Don't let that stop you,"

"Tempting," Raye purrs, running her nose against the side of her neck, enjoying the smell of her perfume that had her almost frothing at the month.
They were enjoying each other a little too much, feeling the tension within the air around them due to the desire.
They wanted to satisfy the need but Brienna pulls them both out of their lustful trance by putting distance between them with her hands.

"Party, we have a party to go too," she says weakly and Raye laughs.

*  *  *

Trisha and Mia had caught sight of them way before they did, they ran over and squealed, startling Raye a little. Although she'd been with Brie for a while and was acquainted with all of her friends she never understood their need to behave like that each time they saw each other. She was more of the reserved type and would opt for a quiet hug, maybe a handshake if necessary and that was so because she grew up around different people. The people who were her friends never hugged and she was used to it that way, but everything was different now she thought, hugging Trish and then a slightly inebriated Mia.

"Glad you could make it, " Trish said and she nods.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world," Raye is then graced with a sweet smile from the girl and she reciprocates it. "How have you been though, it's been a while?"
Trish questions over the music.

"I've been alright, I can't really complain. What about you, how's Christopher?"

"He's great, we're great."

"Good to hear," Raye says, manoeuvring her way throw the crowded house. The further in they followed Trisha the louder the music gets. She takes time to study the faces of literally everyone within her range of sight. Some faces she'd recognized while tens of others weren't.

The house, however, is huge and she wondered whom it belonged too, but her inquisition didn't remain in question for long as Trisha leads her and Brienna along with Mia up to a fella. He's tall with brunette hair slicked back almost too perfectly. He exuded authority and money, which is nothing strange to her at all.