Ch. Fifteen

Raye had done her best to calm both girls enough before Brienna was able to take over and tend to her sister. She made certain that the older girl wasn't panicking anymore and was able to get her to bed.

Inside the confined walls of their bedroom, Raye undressed and started examining her body to find that there were a few bruises left from her scuffle with the guy. On her left thigh, a bright purple mark that was turning slightly black, that did indeed hurt like crazy but she sucked up the pain to make her way into the shower. Washing off her body, then standing under the shower doing nothing she started contemplating the mess. She hated how Brienna reacted but it was inevitable. Even if she had told her sooner Brie would've still been pissed at her brother but now she was pissed at both of them. Raye knew she didn't deserve the anger and the hostility because she was just trying to help. She was hoping in due time Brie was going come to her senses. All Raye needed to do was wait it out.

Turning the faucet, shutting the water from the showerhead off, she stepped out to find Brienna standing there with her arms crossed.

"Why are you frowning at me?" She tossed, observing the shorter girl, ignoring the fact that she was standing in the nude with water cascading off of her body and onto the mat.

"I still can't believe you kept such a thing from me, knowing how serious it was."

"I told you why. I was respecting your brother's privacy and his expectations. He was the one who told me to keep it between us. Cassie so happens to know because he told her, not me."

"But what about me, I had deserved to know and not have to find out like this."

"Baby I know, " Raye stepped closer.

"And your hurt," she made a face examining the bruises about her girlfriend's body. They were huge and her heart ached knowing that some stupid man struck her girl, that made her angrier than anything else now.

"I'm fine, I promise."

"No. You need to get ice on that," she answered sternly.

"Yes boss," Raye saluted and brushed past Brie which she rolled her eyes.
Following the naked girl who carelessly walked into their room, Brie observed as Raye started digging through drawers in the hopes of finding something to wear

"Do you know who the person was that Craig," She trailed off, Raye spun around with a towel at her reach, digging it into her wet hair.

"Yes,"

"How important was he?"

"Ties to the Irish mob," she said with no facial expression but watching a dozen of them ran across her girl's face.

"How in the name of God did Craig got himself in that mess?"

"That's what I've been trying to find out but it turns out he simply followed the wrong friends, the typical."

"He's safe now?"

"Yes Brienna, he's safe and so is your friends and your parents and Bran and you."

There was silence for a moment but Raye kept eyes on Brienna who seemed to be a million galaxies away, deep in thought and it made her chest hurt seeing the girl like that. Walking over to her, she placed her towel down, wrapping her arms around Brie, hugging her to her naked body.
"Stop that, everything's fine."

"I'm scared. I'm scared that the past is going to repeat itself. I'm afraid that I'm going to lose you or my family's going to get hurt."

"No one's getting hurt! Tonight was just a clumsy night, I swear. It will never happen again."