Ch. Nine

"Why were you upset though?"
Raye asked, treading her fingers through Brie's flexuous hair. Her head was laying on her chest moving with the steady rise and fall. Their bodies were exhausted from their physical activities some minutes ago but now they laid in an aftermath of tranquillity, nursing their naked bodies.

"Because Craig's being his usual self again and he has gotten Cassie worried which means I now have to be worried. Like what if he's in trouble Raye and doesn't want us to know?" Those words engendered Raye to feel a large wave of guilt wash over her mind and inevitably leaving her speechless.
What could she say to that? She was literally the one hiding Craig away and she couldn't tell her girlfriend about it. Well, she could, but that would break out an even worse argument between them, one far worse than they would've ever encountered.

"You guys should try asking him if he is. I'm sure he'll come around, you've mentioned that he's done this before so there should be nothing to worry about."

"I know, and maybe we're creating the problem in our heads. Maybe he just wants to be alone like always."

"Maybe," says the older girl.

"But I'm still going to be worried. I've always been worried about Craig but I often feel it's not my place to have him expose his life for me to see, so I give him his space."

"I understand, "

"I just wish he would come around and talk to us because I'm really concerned about Cassie."

"Do you need my help?" Raye tried to hand out some comfort to feel less guilty but it didn't work. She felt terrible.

"Not unless I think it's something we need to be worried about. Right now it's normal I guess." Brie yawned and Raye knew it was about time they both slept.
They were doing vigorous activities that now made their bodies ache but in a good way.

"I'll respect your wishes but I'm always here if you need any help."

"Thank you, " she kissed her on the cheek an act that always made Raye's stomach dance like a happy couple on their wedding day. She was often the one kissing Brie like that but when she reciprocated it made her feel like she was the luckiest human on the planet.

"Sleep tight okay baby, " Brie whispered, yawning again-snuggling up against her.

"You too baby." She kissed her forehead, switching off the light at the bedside.

It didn't take long for them both to fall asleep, thanks to the workout.
And for the first night in a week, Raye slept right through the night.

* * *

"What do you mean you can't find him?" She answered groggily, frowning while she did her best to listen to the rambling man on the other end of the line-the man she soon realizes is her uncle.

Jumping out of bed fully aware of the conversation, she walked right out of the room and further away so that Brienna couldn't hear her.

"Quando se n'è andato?"
(When did he leave?) She asked,
finally realising what her uncle was talking about. They couldn't find Craig.

"Questa mattina presto."
(Early this morning)

"Dimmi, come cazzo non l'hanno visto andarsene?"
(Tell me, how the fuck didn't they see him leave?)

Lucas sighed in her ear and she felt her heart as it raced away, but she did her best to remain calm. There was no need to get hot and bothered and then doing or saying something foolish.

"They said they just woke up and saw the room he was in empty. Do you have any idea where he might go?"He questioned.

"Honestly, I don't know. Maybe one of his sisters probably know." She whispered, peering over her shoulder to make sure that Brienna wasn't in sight.