Ch. Twenty- Nine

"Ah, it's great to see you,"

Raye heard before a heavy hand playfully smacked her across the upper arm. Usually, such a thing wouldn't have irritated her at all, but there was something different at that time. Her body seemed to ache now naturally, something she'd despised since waking up in the hospital. She winced, tilting her head to the side observing the awful grin on the older guy's face. The last time she'd seen him personally was some months ago. He did the usual, come around learn who needed to put in line only to go out and do his job.

Raye's eyes eventually floated around the room and there also was her uncle Luca and his son, Gabriele.
Gabriele was a literal copy of his father; short, good features, quiet. He was sprawled on top of a chair observing her along with his father who stood with his hands tucked way into the pockets of this slacks.

Distefano's movements in front of her had been the thing to distract her enough for her to bring her sight back to him.

"Luca bringing you here must mean something,"

"Oh, yes it does." Distefano grinned, showing his crooked teeth. It made Raye ponder. With so much money to his disposal, he never did anything to his appearance, not even a little. She guessed the physical really didn't matter to some people and to some extent she was one of those.
She hated material things, she enjoyed simple yet elegant things. She was never flashy, neither was Brienna and it's why she loved her so much. Deep down they were both the same being but split into different vessels or at least that's what it felt like for her.

"Something I'd be happy about?" She questions.

"Absolutely. We caught them and by we I mean I did. A few of the guys just tagged along to help me drag them around the place."

"Okay," Raye says, allowing her vision to scamper over to her uncle. He seemed tired but not as much as she'd seen the last time he'd come around which was only yesterday. She could tell that he was relieved. Comforted to know that the men who had hurt her were handed their payment, she was relieved too.

"What did you do?"

"Carved them up nice and neat for ya. Beat em to a pulp too before frying their bones and flesh. One of them cried for his mommy before I tore his tongue from between his lips."

The details never really affected Raye, though from time to time she is repulsed— this wasn't one of them. There are some moments where she wishes it was she who would've been able to hand out the final blow. She wished she could've seen them suffer even just for a second but the deed was already done.

"Did they put up a fight?"

"Yeah, nice and sweet. One of em popped Paolo in this face a few times, but it was all worth it in the end,"

"Thanks," she smiled but Distefano scoffed, moving around the room.

"Is um-" Raye cleared her throat and looked over to her uncle, he started to make his way forward.

"Is Brienna okay?"

"Yeah, we have some guys around and Charlie has been put to use and not just with Craig. I told her to take Brie to and from work for me,"

"You told Charlie to take Brie to work?" Raye questioned somewhat sceptical of her uncle's decisions. It's not that she didn't trust that the younger girl was capable but she wasn't trusting of them using her girlfriend as a test course to prove that she had certain capabilities within her.

"She's going to be fine. Charlie is something else. She's bright and can follow orders,"

"I don't doubt it."
She didn't want to say otherwise, but she left that conversation as it was.