Ch. Fourteen

Her feet slammed once more into the fella, this time to his jaw, hearing as bone snapped beneath her strong blow.
Cassie had already scrambled to her feet and was standing behind her, hyperventilating but safe. Raye didn't want to use her gun within the situation because there were other tenants in the building who she didn't want to alert at that moment, so she tried to deescalate it as best as possible.

Moving over to the guy, he swung his fist suddenly into her stomach which made her groan, almost spilling the contents inside of her onto the floor but she tucked the feeling away quickly. Again the guy swung, hitting her thigh and pain shot through her instantly, rocking her entire body. She knew it was going to leave a mark but that wasn't an issue. Livid now, she grabbed ahold of his arm and twisted all the way back in such an awkward position, she heard bone snap yet again. The guy wasn't giving in to the fight just yet but tried wriggling his way free as blood and saliva oozed from his busted lips and fractured jaw.

He reached into his jacket where he drew a gun from his waist trying to aim it at Raye. Hers went off first. She fired a shot into his thigh after bracing the weapon tightly against it. She repeated the act but to his other thigh, watching as he coiled his body from the pain, groaning through gritted teeth. He had dropped the weapon, which she took and made sure the safety was on before tucking it into her waist.

"Lock the door!" She hissed at Cassie who was stunned but ran off to what was told almost on autopilot. She was shaking still, and her eyes were wide and glossed over from having witnessed the whole terrifying thing.
Watching the guy bleed out on the floor, Raye tossed a look over at the girl once more, she too was still breathing hard. Going over to the end table near the couch she was sitting in where she had left her phone carelessly, Raye pulled up her uncle's contacts to let him know what transpired.

"Something just happened, I'm at Brie's sister's place,"

"What happened?" Questioned Luca and she could hear the concern in his voice.

"I came back to Cassie's because I forgot my phone only to find a guy in her apartment, he tried to hurt her." She stated.

"Fuck, I'll send some guys over."

"Please. Let them try to get here before the police do. Make sure to send someone to check on Brienna and the rest of her friends and family."

"I'll go check on Brie personally, but I'll see to it that everyone else is safe."

"I'll be waiting."

Hanging up the call, Raye walked back over to Cassie who was still having a hard time digesting the situation. She gazed between Raye and the bleeding man groaning in pain on the floor.
Her hand suddenly reaching up to her neck, she touched the throbbing fiery ring she felt. Raye noticed the reddened bruise that was left. "I'm sorry, " she whispered over to Cas whose tears started flowing. "I'm really sorry but some guys were supposed to be here as soon as I left," She tried going over to console the girl but she pulled away from her.

"It's not your fault," Cassie sniffed.
Her mind was a complete mess. She'd never felt so scared and defenceless in her entire life. She could've died if Raye hadn't made it back when she did.

"W-what made you come back?"

"I forgot my phone and whilst driving here I had this awful feeling that something was wrong, I didn't know what it was and I didn't know it would've been you."

"What's going to happen?" Cassie wiped her tears away with the back of her hand while the other was still clutched around her throat.

"He's probably going to die," Raye spoke and the guy on the floor groaned even harder. "You may have to come stay with Brienna and I for a while, or go to your parents." Cassie closed her eyes for a few seconds upon hearing those words. Swallowing hard she opened to find Raye staring at her with soft brown eyes.