Ch. Thirty- Five

"Can't I just put a bullet through his fucking head?" Her tone was cold, her dark brows threaded together as she gazed roughly over to her uncle. Raye's knuckles were planted firmly onto the surface of his desk and noticeably whiter due to how hard she flexed them. Across the desk the older man sat there with his legs crossed, calmly looking at the livid girl. He understood the flair in her temperament but wanted her to think rationally about what was going on.

"That may be the easier approach, but the consequences that come with it would be.. dire. We'd not only have the Irish to deal with-who will certainly retaliate, but we'd have the cops up our asses too when a war starts."

"I don't give a fuck anymore! I'm tired of this asshole and his pea-brained, cock suckers going around and doing what the fuck they please. He has shown very clearly that Brie's family is nothing but a pawn on his chessboard. He's playing with their lives and I cannot and will not sit idly by anymore because what if the next person he hurts is actually one of the Paulsons or Brie's friends?"

"You think killing Quinn is going to make the issue disappear?" Luca questions, standing up tucking his hands into his black slacks. He walked around the desk, standing in front of the girl but a few inches shorter than she was. "I know you're upset doll, but think for a second. You've only been out of the hospital for what, about a day? Don't pressure yourself."

"I'm worried that they'd get hurt," she says softly now. Sighing at the end of her words and also slipping her fingers through her chestnut hair, scratching her scalp. She could remember seeing the message written in blood and the birds with the severed heads and it tormented her soul. It made her feel useless being put in a position where she had to watch these things unfold.

"No one's getting hurt." She heard her uncle say and she closed her eyes, shaking her head, vividly refusing to accept what he'd said.

"Then let Distefano take him out, let Paolo take him out or even Micky or some other guy. Hell, let me do it but please let someone do it, we can and we could also deal with what comes next.
Quinn was the one who started this whole thing ever since I had stepped up and took over after uncle Paul's death. He was the one who had his men ambush me before just because of some fucked up rumour that I slept with one of his nieces and he had me shot. He did it again more recently. That man wants me dead simply because I played the game the same way he does and I want him just as dead." Raye spits and the older man could see the anger and hatred dancing together like lovers in a skating rink behind her hazel coloured eyes. He didn't blame her for her feelings either, they all felt the same.

Making it over to the desk, the man says, "Then take my gun, go find him and put a bullet in his skull," He had reached into his desk and pulled out a gun. He placed it down a bit harshly onto the surface of the antique wooden table so the girl could see it and he watched as her eyes danced along the weapon. Her jaw clenched from having suppressed her anger. He knew she would've done it if it were three, four years back but not now.

He knew she was angry and so was he. He didn't tell the girl much but they had started losing money because of the sabotage the man had been engaging in. Some of their businesses were being targeted by the cops and other forces.
Quinn was angry. It was because a woman had been more feared than he was. It was because of the competition. He was angry because she did things much smarter than he did and for three years before giving it up. He was filled with hatred because she had his brother killed and many of his henchmen incarcerated but Raye only retaliated like that because of his actions.

"You know I can't do that. As much as I want to, I can't. I have to think about Brienna and her family now." His niece says.

"That's exactly my point, killing him would only make things worse for them. Worse for us."