Chapter 15

Atago: Takao, wake up, it's your watch. I am going to sleep now.

Takao: Huh...yes onee san...*Yawn*...at once..

Takao got off her bunk and went to the bathroom for washing her face.

???: Takao...

Takao: AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Takao punched the funa yurei that had boarded the ship.

???: Tak-...staa....

Takao: ATAGO ONEE SANNNNN!!!

She ran as fast as she could to wake Atago up.

Takao: ONEE SAN!!! WE ARE BEING ATTACKED BY FUNA YUREI!

Atago: A funa yurei? Takao are you out of your mind go back to the deck and maintain the course. Make sure we don't get off course or else onee san would be mad.

Takao: Atago onee san I am not lying...HUH

Atago: Just go away-

Atago saw Takao staring at the porthole in the door. When she herself looked at the small window she couldn't believe her eyes. There was a funa yurei staring at them through the smudged glass of the port hole. Both of them kept watching it as it slowly opened the cranky metal door. Too scared to even move they just stared at it. The funa yurei opened the door and stepped inside, then raised his hands up to his face and took the plants that he was wearing of his head.

Shikikan: Why the hell did you punch me Takao?

Atago: Shikikan?

Shikikan: Yeah, yeah it's me...can I get some water and preferably something to eat?

Takao: Can you tell us now how did you come to our ship?

Shikikan had taken a bath and had worn his white uniform again. He was sitting on the captain's seat, eating a rice cake Atago gave him.

Shikikan: When I saw your ship, I decided to jump from the cliff and through the same underwater cave, hide back in there, to get Akagi off my back. Then I tended to my wounds and made a ghillie suit from leaves and grass I could find.

Atago: But how did you hide your smell?

Shikikan: I had covered my body with the mud from a pond of quicksand and then crawled straight to your ship.

Atago: Which route did you use to go to the ship?

Shikikan: The one you came from, there was a moment you were just a meter away from me.

Takao: That's not possible.

Shikikan: I saw you had found the branches with my blood on it and you suggested your brilliant theory that Akagi must have used them to beat me.

Atago: Yeah that was really stupid of you.

Takao: Okay yeah I accept it, it was stupid of me, why the hell would she use sticks to beat you when she could just crack your skill with her fingers.

Atago: If you had found us then why did you hide from us?

Shikikan: Because Akagi was right above me. She had been following you the whole time.

Takao: But why?

Atago: She must have been waiting for us to find you or you to find us.

Shikikan: Exactly... if you had found me then it would have been game over for the three of us. So I had to hide from both of you and from Akagi.