Chapter 24

Belfast had cleaned the house, washed clothes and ironed Shikikan's uniform. Her maid duties for the day were done and her head security detail duties were left. Belfast drove herself to the headquarters where she attended a briefing about possible threats to Shikikan. As the head of the security team, she overviewed the applications for new personnel and interviewed them. Her day had been very productive and she had accomplished a lot of tasks, partly because Shikikan had asked for her help and they were supposed to meet in the evening. Belfast was excited about it and had prepared her special casual dress to wear. She was gonna wear a peach coloured top and a black skirt with black leggings. Thinking it might get chilly in the evening she also had a red scarf and a red hat.

Belfast: Oh...it's about time.

Belfast left for Shikikan's office to escort him to his car. But when she opened the door, she was welcomed with Nelson's loud voice.

Nelson: Learn to knock before entering...Belfast?

Belfast got a jump scare after being shouted at by Nelson.

Belfast: I am very sorry lady Nelson.

Nelson: It's alright, make sure you don't do that in future and why are you so casually dressed?

Belfast: I was about to leave and had come to pick my lord.

Nelson took a look at Belfast and Shikikan.

Nelson: You wretched commander, what are you doing fraternizing with your maid and secretaries?

Belfast looked at Shikikan, it was evident that Nelson had sucked the life out of him. He didn't lift an eye and continued filling documents. Just what had Nelson done to him? Belfast couldn't believe how weak commander looked and ignoring Nelson she rushed to him.

Belfast: My lord, did you have your lunch?

Shikikan looked at Belfast with a blank face and continued with his work, the answer was a no.

Belfast: Lady Nelson? When was the last time he ate?

Nelson: I don't know?

Belfast: What are you doing in his office?

Nelson: Lady Illustrious asked me to start working as his new secretary.

Belfast: Did you bring him his lunch?

Nelson: Why would I bring his lunch?

Belfast: Because he had a meeting with academy faculty during the lunch hours so I sent a packed lunch box for him to have later.

Nelson: I didn't receive any lunch box.

Belfast: Lunch boxes are sent it to the mess? Did you check with them?

Nelson: I...

Belfast: Lady Nelson! as a secretary, it was your job to keep the commander fed and healthy. Don't you know he didn't even have breakfast and it's already eight in the evening and on top of all that you are telling me commander didn't have anything to eat?

Nelson: I didn't know he hadn't had any breakfast.

Even though Nelson had greater status than Belfast in the royal house but Belfast was the head secretary and she was her superior.

Shikikan: Let it be Belfast. It was her first day and its just a minor mistake.

Belfast: I am sorry commander you had to work on an empty stomach. Let me massage your back.