Chapter 20

The sky lit up with lightning as the clouds rained heavily, covering the moon completely in their dark mass. The waves raged in the ocean, the world was engulfed in a furious storm. It appeared as if Suasanoo himself was walking down on his warpath to sink the small island on whose sand Akagi was laying down on. Even though her eyes were open she could only imagine Shikikan's face.

Akagi: Shiki..kan... sama...Akagi was waiting for you...

Akagi kept repeating his name under her breath with a smile.

The past six months had been tough on her. She had multiple close encounters with Shikikan but was unable to capture him. The Azur lane navy was aggressively hunting for deserters in every corner of the vast ocean. They had already managed to capture a bunch, by using unconventional methods. Tracking them in thick jungles to ice-cold waters of the polar regions, there was no place left to hide. On many occasions, Akagi had to hold herself back from hurting Shikikan and he was using it as his advantage.

Akagi: You are being a bad boy...Shikikan sama... but Akagi still loves you...ahahahah...

Akagi kept saying to her.

Souryuu: Akagi senpai!

Souryuu saw Akagi lying on the beach of a small island as she fought the heavy storm in search of Akagi and now that she had found her. Souryuu could rest easy.

Souryuu: Senpai! get up we have to go...

Akagi: Ah... Souryuu chan...

Souryuu saw her senpai, she had never thought she would ever have to see Akagi in such a state. Intoxicated in love.

Souryuu: Senpai let's go. Others are waiting for us.

Akagi: Where is Hiryuu?

Souryuu: T-They took her...

Souryuu couldn't hold her tears any longer and started crying. Akagi embraced her trying trying to console her.

Akagi: Everything will be fine Souryuu...have faith we will bring everyone back...

Hiryuu woke up drenched in salty seawater, she looked around herself and saw Hyuuga staring down at her through the iron bars of the cell she was being kept in.

Hiryuu: Free me you traitor! Let me go!

Hyuuga: .....

Hiryuu: Where is my sister what did you do with her.

Hyuuga backed away from the bars as Hiryuu tried to grab her neck.

Hiryuu: Answer me!

Hyuuga didn't say a thing.

Hiryuu: Answer me... please... don't tell me you killed her.

Hyuuga held Hiryuu's hands as she fell down crying.

Hyuuga: Hiryuu listen to me... we have done nothing to your sister...she is not with us.

Hyuuga: You will be fine, believe me. I won't let anything happen to you, you are safe with us.

Hiryuu stared at Hyuuga.

Hyuuga: Hiryuu, welcome back. I've missed you.

Hiryuu: What....*sob*?

Hyuuga: We are going to bring each and every one of you back so that we can all start over again.

Hiryuu: What do you mean? I am a deserter and I have no place in the navy anymore.