Chapter 31

Shikikan: Just fine, thank you.

Belfast: So how was your day?

Shikikan: Pretty long but rewarding. Meet me at home there is a lot we need to discuss.

Belfast: Yeah....about that.

Shikikan: What's the matter?

Belfast: You see I don't have my car.

Shikikan: What? What happened to it?

Belfast: I had to send it to the royal head quarters for some repairing.

Shikikan: Oh okay, I guess you are coming with me then.

Belfast: Thank you, my lord.

Shikikan and Belfast started walking towards the parking lot.

Shikikan: Belfast, there are going to be some changes.

Belfast: I know.

Shikikan turned his face towards Belfast with confusion.

Belfast: We are being transferred to the Sakura Navy.

Shikikan: Oh!

He didn't know Belfast too was being transferred, but it was only a good news. 

Belfast: Don't worry my lord I have made all the preparations. Majority of your belongings have already been shifted to your new home.

Shikikan: Thank you...

Belfast: No need of that my lord, it's just my duty.

Shikikan laughed and ignited his bike and helped Belfast take a seat.

Shikikan: So how did you know about my transfer?

Belfast: News like that spreads like a wildfire, but I was informed by lady Hood to start preparing for your departure.

Shikikan: Belfast, do you know why am I being transferred?

Belfast: Of course my lord and I would like to congratulate and wish you good luck.

Shikikan: Thank you.

Shikikan followed the road under the night sky.

Shikikan: So has all preparations been made already?

Belfast: Partially, my lord. We have sent your books and cloths, tomorrow your personal belongings like your surfboards and bikes would be shifted.

Shikikan: What about the security team?

Belfast: They will be on guard as always. You don't need to worry about them.

Shikikan: I appreciate their work.

Belfast: Of course my lord they have been handpicked for their skills.

Shikikan looked at the matt black SUV trailing behind him. Since the mishap Gridley had caused, everything had gone smoothly. Even though Taihou had supposedly made some infractions of orders according to Belfast. Now that he looked back he could not believe it had been so long since he first met her. For the first few weeks, he couldn't keep himself from thinking of her but as time passed by everything went back to normal or so it seemed to him. Akagi had been so far from him for so long that the time he spent with her appeared to be a dream, yet, he could feel her essence, her aura, her touch like it was just yesterday.

Shikikan: Alright Belfast we have reached.

Belfast unlocked the door while Shikikan parked his bike.

Shikikan: So when do we leave?

Belfast: Tomorrow at noon we set sail for Akatsuki harbour.

Shikikan: Hmm...

Belfast: My lord it will take me an hour to prepare your dinner. Please freshen up while I set the table.

Shikikan: Alright.

Shikikan stripped his clothes and saw himself in the mirror. His scars had still not healed, but he liked it that way. They were proof that his time with Akagi was real and with the blood from these wounds he had made a promise to her.

He looked at the dry bathtub and decided to rather take a shower.

"What? Are you afraid of drowning now?" He said to himself with a smile.

With his hands pushing against the wall he let the chilled water, fall from his head and slowly trickle down to his shoulder blades. He closed his eyes to feel the sensation and stretched his neck. He looked at the water sliding off from his shoulders and knees then turned his head to look in the mirror. There was no water on him, instead, there was blood, dark red blood, he kept staring at his reflections and found it strange that he was more curious than scared. To take one step further he raised his hand to touch his reflection on the mirror as he was mesmerized looking at himself drenched in blood. Every single fiber of his body asked him to get back to reality, but somewhere in his heart, he wanted to keep on staring.

Still not able to understand why he was seeing those things he persisted on. And as soon as his fingertips came in contact with the surface of the mirror, his reflection let out a malicious smile and pulled him into the mirror.