Chapter 39

The quick boarding somewhat made up for the lost hour, by running the turbines faster they were able to cover up the distance too. Tosa shot him down when he offered to navigate the ship but he still refused to take a break instead, he found a spot and went back to work on his report.

Sound of the waves and breeze filled the bridge along with electronic and mechanical sounds of the radars and machines around them with occasional radio chatter. Tosa stood with her hands crossed like a statue while Shikikan was scribbling on his dairy. Neither of them made any attempt of talking to each other but both of them were observing each other inconspicuously.

While Shikikan took occasional glances around him he noticed the giant turrets on the deck, wondering what they sound like. The thought made him giddy and he let out a stupid grin. It caught Tosa's attention even though she didn't say anything she just stared at him. As soon as Shikikan came to his senses, he saw Tosa and immediately got embarrassed, it had been a long time since someone had judged him this bad.

"Wha-the...Ahh...I forgot I am no longer at the Royal Port. She is definitely gonna remember that." Shikikan thought to himself as he quickly adjusted his cap and resumed writing.

Tosa continued to watch him for few more seconds then went back to her statue pose.

"Very good mate, really nice first impression....damn it." Shikikan tried his best to keep a calm composure as he minded his own business.

The Sakura island was an archipelago surrounded by giant weaponised fortress islands. The walls of these fortresses were covered with giant craters dug by explosive rounds and were in many places reinforced by stones, concretes and steel that explained the saga of the age-old impregnable castle. But the brutish outer walls hid a string of islands covered with pink sakura trees where resided the Imperial castle, just below the humongous mountain at the heart of the archipelago.

The positioning of every building had a deep thought behind it. The castle was built right at the feet of the mountains because of the ancient shrine at the peak. Unlike a coastal port, Sakura docks were instead enclosed within the perimeter of the archipelago. Ships were required to carefully manoeuvre through the islands to access the harbour within.

As the dawn slowly approached Fusou woke up by the alarm, she turned around in her futon, stretched her hands and arched her back as she yawned. Today was an important as well as a busy day for her, at the request of Nagato herself she was given the task for Shikikan's blessing ceremony. Fusou started her day with her usual prayers and after folding her futon she decided to wake up Yamashiro. As she walked through the hallway thinking about how excited Yamashiro was to meet Shikikan again. He always had that positive aura around him that makes it feel comfortable to be around him but as soon as she slid open the door to Yamashiro's room, she was surprised, usually, Fusou had to wake Yamashiro up from her heavy sleep but instead, Yamashiro was already up and was adjusting her bright red traditional Hakama in front of the mirror.

Yamashiro: AAHH!! neee-sann...

Yamashiro shrieked as soon as Fusou touched her waist.

Fusou: I am sorry if I startled you.

Yamashiro: It's fine...I didn't want to trouble nee-san today.

Fusou: What a good girl you are, are you excited to meet Shikikan sama again?

Yamashiro nodded enthusiastically with her shining eyes.

Fusou: Well then let's start the day.

The sun had now risen enough to switch off the lights, Shikikan along with Belfast Nelson and Hyuuga were having their Breakfast as Shikikan was explaining them his awkward experience with Tosa.