Chapter 32

Shikikan climbed down the stairs after the shower and saw Belfast setting the table. By looking at her face Shikikan knew she had heard it all, there was no hiding it. He silently took a seat and rested his chin on his head.

Shikikan: Belfast.

Belfast: Yes, my lord.

Shikikan: Can I talk to you?

Belfast didn't waste a moment and sat beside him, she was visibly worried.

Shikikan: I know you heard me.

Belfast: .....

Shikikan: And I don't think, hiding it from you would do me any good.

Belfast: You can always talk to me, my lord.

Shikikan: I see things...

Shikikan: And I think they have something to do with my past.

Belfast: What do you see?

Belfast looked into Shikikan's blank eyes.

Belfast: My lord....the more you share, the more it will help.

Shikikan: Sometimes...I zone out...and I see blood.

Belfast: Blood...

Shikikan: Then a second later it's just gone.....it vanishes away...and it's not just 

blood...Belfast...there is so much more...

Belfast: I am here my lord...please tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone else.

Shikikan: There are voices in my head...and they tell me things...they remind me of things...

Belfast: My lord they are your memories, it happens, it happened with the Admiral, Hornet and others too... My lord only sharing them will decrease that pain nothing else, believe me. Shikikan closes his eyes and leans back on the chair.

Atago: SIREN SHIP STARBOARD!!!

Shikikan looked through his binoculars at the siren battleship.

Shikikan: I am sorry Nelson... I should have listened to you...

Nelson: Hmpf...

Nelson jumped out of the deck of HMS Belfast and bolted towards the siren fleet. The siren aircraft were aligning themselves for a bombing run on Nelson but she jumped into the air and blasted each one of them from point-blank range. She jumped from one aircraft to another dodging the Siren fleet's flak rounds. Until she was right overhead the Siren battleship. With her eyes closed, she dived into the deck and fired her main guns.

Shikikan saw the siren Battleship blast into two pieces. Nelson stood on the water in the middle of the siren formation. As all guns zeroed in on her she blasted her auxiliary guns at the siren vessels, ripping each one of them apart. Nelson looked around her and saw the wreck of the former fleet around her sinking into the sea.

Shikikan: Lady Nelson! You were so cool.

Nelson: What do you mean cool? I wasn't even serious.

Shikikan: Please teach me.

Nelson: Maybe later, right now I am busy.

Shikikan: But you are just sleeping.

Nelson opened her eyes and looked at Shikikan staring at her.

Nelson: HEY!! What do you think you are doing?