Chapter 33

Belfast looked at the miserable MRE ration of the Sakura empire and decided to utilize her time to prepare something better. Using the different ingredients she prepared an experimental meal and improved on it as she saw fit. A couple of hours later she had found a recipe to make a delicious dish using the MRE ingredients.

Ise: I had heard only heard the legend of your culinary art but this has blown me away.

Belfast: What do you mean Ise, have you forgotten the gulf of east campaign, I literally fed you every single day?

Ise: But back then you weren't as good as you are now.

Belfast: What do you mean? I was amazing back then.

Ise: Hah...you must have forgotten but you had burnt the fish.

Belfast: Hey we were in the middle of a battle back then and considering how rough the ocean was you should be amazed I could make something edible. Do you know how hard it is to make broth in high swell?

Ise: Yeah it must be really hard, but I am quite sure it won't be a problem for you now.

Belfast: Let me take this to poor commander he has been stuck up there for so long now.

Ise: Poor? He is commanding my beautiful ship, I am sure he is having a time of his life.

Belfast: Yeah, you must be right.

Belfast brought the meal she had prepared for him on the deck and she saw him charting a course on a map. He was so focused that he didn't pay any attention to Belfast's footsteps.

Belfast: I hope I am not interrupting anything, my lord.

Shikikan: No absolutely not. Please come in.

Belfast walked toward him and set the table but while she was setting up his cutlery she caught a glimpse of the chart, the course seemed to be different.

Belfast: My lord may I ask what course are you plotting?

Shikikan: ...

Belfast: My lord?

Shikikan: I am plotting a course to my heart.

Belfast: ?

Shikikan: Haha...I am just kidding. It's a possible course we can take if we are to be attacked by sirens on our journey.

Belfast: My lord thinking two steps ahead already. I applaud your genius.

Shikikan: Well thank you.

Shikikan dropped his pencil and took a seat to have his meal.

Belfast thought while the commander was having his meal she could take his place and look after the ship. But to her surprise, he was over with his food in less than ten minutes.

Belfast: My lord, you shouldn't eat so fast.

Shikikan: Ha, you would be surprised how fast I can eat.

Belfast smiled.

Belfast: Don't tell me this also something you were trained for.

Shikikan: Of course I was.

Belfast: What?

Shikikan: Yeah.

Belfast: But why?