Chapter 21

While driving Shikikan home, Belfast knew something was going on in his mind and kept thinking about the sound of breaking glass she had heard in his office but decided not to ask him about it. If he wanted to tell her he would tell her, she saw no point in asking. Shikikan was lost, thinking of Akagi, he rarely went on these operations and he couldn't afford to lose Akagi anymore. He was still mad at himself for blowing up such an opportunity. He closed his eyes and leaned back, trying to divert his mind but suddenly he felt a water droplet splash on his face, he opened his eyes and tried to see outside the window, but saw nothing other than complete darkness, complete void.  The car was taking water rapidly through the door cracks and in a matter of seconds he was knee-deep in water. He bent forward to look at Belfast, but he saw a corpse of his XO, with deep red blood coming out of his eyes, Shikikan was just staring at those dead eyes but then the corpse of his XO focused his eyes on him and said."Welcome home..."

Belfast: Wake up my lord... we have arrived.

Shikikan opened his eyes and looked at Belfast."The usual dreams..huh...." he thinks, then takes a deep breath and gets out of the car.

Belfast: My lord, please freshen up, while I prepare your supper.

Shikikan: Aye aye Captain...

Belfast smiled at his usual way of lightening her mood.

Belfast: My lord, you look tired and can use a little nap.

Shikikan: Nah I have had plenty of sleep believe me right now I just need to relax my mind.

Belfast: Well...in that case... let me prepare your board.

Belfast took his surfboard out and prepared for Shikikan's surfing session. She even prepared an emergency medical kit he may require if he injured himself. Shikikan wore his beach shorts and prefered to be shirtless while surfing, even though Belfast always recommended him to use a surf suit, he said he liked the freedom. But Belfast had much more to worry about, Shikikan was now a very prominent figure and had a massive security detail protecting him twenty-four seven but this sudden increase in his security was partially due to the spy they had found. The existence of the spy was kept classified including her identity. She had been keeping tabs on Shikikan and was also in contact with the deserters. The spy was not tried for her crime and the matter was not reported to higher up, rather Shikikan used the spy to get information on every deserter.

After Shikikan explained to the spy how he planned to forgive all their charges and inculcate them back into the navy, the spy was more than happy to help and with her help, Zuikaku and Shoukaku were the first of the deserters to be caught followed by many other. Since that day his security was increased by many folds, Belfast held the position of being his security head, with many SF personnel working to protect him. 

 Belfast: All units be advised, Commander is now approaching the water, hold your perimeters.

 Belfast gave commands through her earpiece.

Kent: Roger that. 

Taihou: Understood...

Atago: ...

Belfast: Atago, how copy?

Atago: ....Ara...

Belfast scanned the hilltop where Atago should have been stationed and was confused when she couldn't find her. Belfast turned to look at Shikikan and saw Atago in her swimsuit learning to surf with Shikikan.

Belfast: Oh you Bloody...

Atago: Is this how I hold the board?

Shikikan: Now just swim along with the wave and when you catch it, try to balance on your legs and lean forward, Atago messed up a few times but was able to grasp on quickly, balancing for her wasn't as tough considering she was after all more agile than an average human.