Chapter 16

Shikikan had returned to port and was greeted by his friends with a warm welcome.

California: I was worried for you commander, glad you-

Taihou: Shikikan samaaa!

Taihou entered Shikikan's office, she was wearing her bright red yukata robe with colourful flowers printed on it which she left open and had a red coloured skirt beneath. Her long black hairs were held together with a kanzashi made of gold with the shape of a peacock's head.

She was very happy to see him but the same couldn't be said for Shikikan, not because he disliked her but was somewhat afraid of her open feelings for him. Taihou was deeply in love with him and tried to court him every single day, no matter the time or place. To the extent, she started stalking him in her free time. Shikikan never hated Taihou for that, he just felt like he needed to prepare himself mentally before meeting her, he was tired of getting proposed by her every time and turning her down each time didn't seem to stop her.

Shikikan: Ahh...Taihou how are you...

Taihou pushed California aside and held Shikikan's arms in an embrace.

Taihou: Shikikan sama are you hurt? Taihou is so glad you are fine, Shikikan sama why do you not listen to me, this is exactly why Taihou must accompany you everywhere you go...

Shikikan: ...Yeah....yeah... I am fine. No need for that.

Taihou: Shikikan sama, let's go somewhere private so that Taihou can tend to your fatigue.

Shikikan: Taihou... I wanted to ask you something...

Taihou: Favours....? Shikikan sama, Taihou will do anything you ask...

Shikikan: If you are free on Friday evening, let's hangout.

Taihou's eyes lit up when she heard those words, but she knew the game.

"No, wait Taihou control yourself. Even though I know how much Shikikan sama loves me, he still acts tough to get and if Taihou has to prove herself worthy of his love I will have to beat him in his own game."

Shikikan: It's completely fine if you don't...

Taihou: Shikikan sama... will there be anyone else other than you and me? Coz every time you take me with you there is always something that you don't tell me beforehand.

Shikikan: What? No-

Taihou: Last time you asked me for a dinner turned out to be team dinner.

Shikikan: Because it was a team dinner, to strengthen our comradeship.

Taihou: Shikikan sama is there something you are hiding from Taihou? Like something Taihou will learn only when she gets there?

Shikikan: No Taihou, it's been a long time since we hung out together as we used to in Academy, so I just thought you and I could catch up a little.

Taihou: So it's a date?

Shikikan: No, no... Oh, Taihou when are you going to stop doing this?

Taihou: Till the day you accept Taihou's love...

Saying this Taihou winked at Shikikan and left...

California: Taihou... is quite passionate...

Shikikan: *Sigh*...She wasn't like this before. She is a very dear friend of mine and I enjoy her company. I am sure you would too.