Chapter 3: Medda

Recap~ "Les, no drinking on the job. It's bad for business. I mean, what if somebody called a cop of you?" I told him seriously as Les looked at me, nodding.

"Is he a friend of yours?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flip's POV* 

"Is he a friend of yours?" David then asked us, pointing somewhere as Jack and I stood up, seeing Snyder looking at us.

"Beat it. It's the bulls!" Jack exclaimed as the two of us took off running with David and Les running behind us.

"All this for one sip of beer?" Les asked us as the four of us ran into an alleyway.

"Come on, Les. Come on." David said from behind him.

"Stop, I say!" Snyder yelled, chasing us.

"Don't stop!" I shouted as the four of us ran onto a busy street, seeing some of the Newsies selling papes.

"Sullivan!" Snyder exclaimed, still chasing us.

"Up this way!" Jack shouted as we ran into a building. "Sleeper! Ok, jump." Jack told us as the four of us jumped over someone sleeping on the staircase.

"Hurry up. Hurry up! He's right behind us. He's right behind us!" David exclaimed as we ran onto the roof as Jack and I jumped off the "edge".

"Jack! Flip!" David shouted, running up to the edge. "That's where..." David started as he and Les also jumped over the edge as the four of us hid there.

"Sullivan! Wait till I get you back to the Refuge!" Snyder shouted as the four of us quietly snuck off.

"Come on, come on!" I whispered as we climbed down the ladder, reaching the street as we started to run again.

"I'm not running any farther." David said as he stopped Jack and I. The two of us went around David, walking through the theatre door as Les followed with David following him. "I want some answers." David said as we walked through a door, standing at the bottom of a staircase.

"Shut up." I told David, covering his mouth with my hand.

"Who is he and why was he chasing you, and what is this Refuge?" David asked, moving my hand.

Jack sighed, leaning against the railing. "Refuge is this jail for kids. The guy chasing me is Snyder. He's the warden." Jack explained to David.

"You were in jail?" Les asked Jack as he nodded.

"Yea. Both of us were, actually." Jack told him as I nodded.

"Why?" Les asked us.

"We were starving so we stole some food." I told Les as Jack nodded.

"Right, food." David said, not believing us as we looked at him.

"Yea, food." Jack told David.

"He called you Sullivan." David told Jack.

"Yea, well, my name's Kelly. Jack Kelly. You think I'm lying?" Jack asked him, crossing his arms.

"You have a way of improving the truth." David told him, also crossing his arms.

"Yea?" I question as Les stuck his head into a horse mask.