Chapter 21: Logan

Spot's POV*

"We have to get her back." I said, pacing around the Manhattan Newsboys Lodging House.

"How?" David asked me as I looked at him.

"We gotta get my goil back somehow." I said to him. "Jack, any ideas?" I asked him as we all looked at him.

"To get Flip back, we actually gave to go into The Bronx territory. It's too dangerous." Jack said to me, sighing.

"Then we'll sneak in! We're gettin' her back." I told Flip's boys as some of her closest friends agreed with me.

"She sacrificed herself for my little brother. The least we can do is save her." David told us as I sighed.

"If we were gonna get someone into their territory, it has to be someone they wouldn't know." I said to everyone as they all listened. "They already know me, Jack, and Race." I started. "They would recognize Boots, Specs, David, and Blink. So the boys that are left are...Mush and Skittery." I said as we all looked at the two boys.

"Woah, woah. No. There's no way I'm goin' into da Bronx." Skittery said, trying to back down.

"They'll instantly recognize us as Manhattan Newsies." Mush added as I looked at the two.

"Not if we change the way youse looks." Jack said to them, smirking as I caught on onto what he was throwing.

After everything was finished, Skittery was now wearing a brown long sleeve shirt, a black vest, black pants, and brown boots. His hair was then parted to the side and gelled back.

Mush was now wearing a black long sleeve shirt where the front was open about halfway from the top. He's also wearing tan pants and brown shoes. To make his costume pop, they also drew on a scar going from his temple all the way to his jaw.

"They look tuff." I said, smirking at the two boys.

"I really hope they buy it." Mush said as Skittery agreed.

"They will. The Bronx Newsies may be strong, but they ain't dat bright." I told the two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flip's POV*

"Lock her in dere." Cory said to the two boys who were holding me. I was led to an open door as I was pushed in. I stumbled forward, staying on my feet as my wrists were chained to two chains coming from the ceiling. "You're gonna be stayin' 'ere for a long time." Cory said to me, smirking as he walked outside, the door closing behind him, trapping me alone in this cell.

"This better be worth it." I muttered to myself as I looked around, seeing a barred up window and that's it.

"Once you're stuck in here, you ain't getting' out." I heard someone say as I turned my head, seeing a silhouette of a boy sitting against the wall.

"You were captured too?" I questioned as I saw him nod.

"Few days ago." He said to me, standing up and walking towards m so I could see his face. "What's your name?" he asked me.

"Flip." I said to him.

"Logan." He said as I continued looking at him.

"Logan. Logan." I muttered to myself as he looked at my, confused. "You have a bandage covering a stab wound in your abdomen." I said, looking at his torso, seeing it all bandaged up.