Chapter 20: Trade

Flip's POV*

Everyone walked upstairs as the Brooklyn and Queens Newsies all set up in the spare beds we have, even though some Newsies had to double up. "Spot, where you goin'?" I asked him, smirking as he walked past mine and Blink's bunk.

"To da back bunks?" he said to me, confused before seeing my smirk on my face.

"You want me to sleep in the top bunk?" Corkscrew whispered to me as I looked at her, giving her that face as she smirked at me. She climbed up to the top bunk as Spot walked over to me as the two of us went to Blink's bunk.

"I sleep there, so no funny business." Blink said to me and Spot as the boys near us burst out laughing.

"What? You think we're gonna do it in a bedroom full of boys?" I asked Blink, smirking as he groaned from his spot on the ground.

"I'm gonna change. Be right back." I said to Spot, giving him a quick kiss as I stood up, grabbing my nightclothes as I walked out of the bedroom and into the bathroom. I walked into a changing stall, changing into my nightclothes as I walked back out and into the bedroom. I walked to my bunk, getting in bed with Spot as he took off his shirt, revealing his toned stomach as we laid down, his arm wrapped around my shoulder and my head on his chest.

"Night." Spot whispered to me, kissing my forehead as the lights turned out. "I love you." He whispered as my eyes opened in shock, before a smile formed on my face.

"I love you, too." I whispered back as the two of us fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, I woke up, sensing someone walking around as I lifted my head, seeing all the Newsies still in their beds. "You want us to do what?" someone questioned as I laid back down with Spot, listening.

"Find the Manhattan leader and kill her. With Flip out of the way, Manhattan will crumble and Brooklyn will leave to protect their little Borough." I heard someone else say as I heard footsteps walking towards my bunk. I clenched my fist, waiting for whoever it is to get close enough as I whipped around, my fist colliding with the person's face. The person let out a shout, most of the Newsies waking up as I got out of bed, wrapping my arm around the person's throat.

"Flip, what's going on?" Jack asked as someone turned on the light. When my Newsies saw the two Newsies from the Bronx, everyone was out of bed, ready to fight.

"What's your name, kid?" I questioned the boy I had as Jack, Spot, and Blink grabbed the second boy.

"Why should I tell you?" he hissed as I tightened my arm around his neck.

"That's Kayden!" the boy Jack had shouted.

"Noah!" Kayden shouted as I rolled my eyes.

"You're the two that attacked me in Queens." Runt said, hiding behind two Queens Newsies.

"You're the two that beat up a little kid, huh?" I questioned, looking at Kayden and Noah.

"And the two that killed most of my boys?" Corkscrew questioned, walking towards the two as she punched Kayden right in the jaw.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Skittery exclaimed as he and Mush held back Corkscrew.

"Well, Kayden, Noah, killin' me won't be that easy." I growled, tightening my arms around Kayden's neck as he started clawing at my arm, gasping for breath.