Chapter 18: Racetrack

Flip's POV*

I pulled on my shirt, buttoning it up as Corkscrew walked back into the bedroom, fully dressed. "You change in front of them?" Corkscrew asked me as I shrugged.

"Been livin' with them for almost five years now." I told her, taking off my pants as I pulled on my jeans.

"I love my boys, but not enough to change in front of them." Corkscrew said to me as the two of us chuckled.

"Flip, what's the plan?" Bumlets asked me as most of the boys turned to look at me.

"Me, Blink, Skittery, Corkscrew, and Jack will head over to Brooklyn. The rest of you, stay here and go one with your day as nothing happened." I said as everyone nodded. We all walked out of the Lodging House as we split up, me and my boys going to Brooklyn.

"So we're going to Brooklyn?" Corkscrew asked me as I nodded.

"Yea. To talk to Spot." I told her as we got to the Brooklyn Bridge.

"You're saying that like it's easy to talk to Spot. He's not the easiest person to talk to." Corkscrew said to me.

"It is when she's Spot Conlon's girlfriend." Jack said to her, smirking as he swung his arm around my shoulder.

"Wait, you're his girlfriend?" Corkscrew asked me as I nodded. "When I crossed the bridge to find you, Spot stopped me and called me his girlfriend." She told me as I let out a laugh.

"Was it dark?" I asked her as she nodded.

"Cons of being an identical twin...even my boyfriend can't tell us apart in the dark." I joked.

"You two aren't identical twins. You look nothing alike." Skittery pointed out as Corkscrew and I looked at him.

"We are, actually. Flip here decided to dye her hair brown." Corkscrew told him.

"You're a blonde?" Skittery questioned as I nodded.

"Yep. Dyed my hair brown so people could tell us apart." I told him as we walked into Brooklyn.

"Cool." Jack said as we walked onto the docks, seeing some of the Brooklyn Newsies swimming in the water.

"Heya, Flip." One of the Newsies said as we walked past; I have him a smile as we walked past.

"Where can we find Spot?" Corkscrew asked me.

"You know nothing about Brooklyn, do ya?" I asked her as she shook her head.

"I tend to stay in Queens." She told me as we walked up to a pile of crates.

"Spot Conlon's always on his throne." I told her, looking at the top of the crate pile, seeing Spot talking to one of his Newsies.

"Does he know we're here?" Corkscrew whispered.

"Spot Conlon knew we were here as soon as we stepped foot in Brooklyn." Jack said to her as Spot looked at us, smirking.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Spot said to us as he got off the crates, walking up to us. "Haven't seen you in a while." Spot said, walking up to me as I smiled at him.

"It's only been like what, 2 days?" I asked him, smirking as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Felt longer." He whispered as he kissed me. I then heard an awkward cough behind me as I looked behind me, seeing three people I came with looking awkwardly away from me and Spot...but Jack was just smirking at us.