Chapter 10: Jack

Recap~ "Skittery." I said, poking his arm...no reply. "Skit!" I shouted, pushing him as I felt something smash into the back of my head as I instantly blacked out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flip's POV*

"Flip, wake up!" someone shouted as I jolted up, seeing myself in an alley.

"Skittery?" I questioned as I saw him leaning against the side of the building.

"Hey there, Flip. Thought you wouldn't wake up." He joked as I rolled my eyes. "Flip, be honest. How bad does it actually look?" he asked me as I tried to stand up, but couldn't. I dragged myself to the side of the building, also leaning against it next to Skittery.

"Honest? A black eye, plenty of bruises, and a bloody nose. What about me?" I asked him.

"Pretty nice shiner, some bruising, and a split lip." He told me as I nodded.

"So...we can't move...how's life?" I asked him as he looked at me, chuckling.

"We almost died and you just asked how's life?" Skittery asked me, chuckling.

"I ask stupid shit when I'm scared. Just ask Crutchy or Jack." I told him chuckling, sucking in a breath. "I think I have a broken rib." I muttered, placing my hand on my side. "So...how's life?" I asked him again as he chuckled again.

"Life's pretty sucky. What about you?" he asked, grinning.

"I've had better days." I said, shrugging.

"Where could they be?" I heard David ask as I heard a lot of footsteps.

"They weren't with the group and they weren't with the bulls. They're out here somewhere." A second voice said as I immediately recognized as Spot.

"Oh, it's Spot. Yay. I would be more enthusiastic, but considering I took the worst beat down of a lifetime." I joked as Skittery chuckled. "Spot!" I shouted before coughing.

"Flip!" Spot shouted, running up to me as David and Specs ran up to Skittery.

"May I just say...if you're stranded with her...she's an interesting person to talk to." Skittery joked as I rolled my eyes.

"On the brink of death and still teasing me. Classic." I joked as everyone chuckled.

"You two just got beaten up, yet cracking jokes. I don't know how you do it." Spot said to us.

"This isn't the worst part, though. Before you guys found us, we were talking about how stupid Flip is, then she asked me how's life." Skittery said, smirking at me.

"You know, if I could smack you, I would." I told Skittery, sending him a fake smile.

"What happened to you two?" David asked us.

"I don't know. We ran out here, trying to avoid the bulls and something hard hit my head, knocking me out." Skittery told them as I nodded.

"They didn't do anything though. They knocked us out, beat us up, then just left." I added.

"Nothing was taken?" Spot asked as I shook my head. "That's not like the bulls." he muttered to himself. "You ok?" he asked me, gently touching the nice shiner I have. 

"If you don't touch my face, I'll be fine." I said to him, wincing at his touch. 

"Spot, let's get them up." David suggested as he nodded. Spot wrapped his arm around my shoulder, helping me up as David and Specs helped up Skittery.