Chapter 25: Home

Flip's POV*

"How long has it been?" Logan asked me from his spot on the ground of the moving train car.

"How long we've been on this train or how long we've been gone for?" I questioned from my spot sitting on a crate.

"Both." He said to me.

"It's been about 3 hours on this train. We've been gone for like...a week." I said to him as the train jolted, causing me to fall off the crate. Logan looked at me, laughing as I shot him a glare. "Shut it." I growled.

"Or what?" he questioned, still laughing.

"Or I'll burn you alive." I told him, smirking as I opened my hand, a fireball forming on the palm of my hand.

"I can freeze you." Logan said, smirking as he also opened his hand, an ice ball forming on his palm. Logan and I then stood up, facing each other, smirking as we threw the two balls at each other. The two balls collided, creating a mini explosion and the entire train car was now full of steam.

"I was not expecting that." I said, letting out a cough as Logan and I started to laugh.

"Let's hope it clears out soon." He said as the steam started to go out of the train car.

"We're drawing too much attention to ourselves right now. Those people can still easily find us." I told Logan as I walked back to the crate, sitting down on top of it. Suddenly, the train came to a stop as I was jolted off the crate again as Logan started to laugh again. "Logan, why are we stopping?" I asked him as I stood up, walking to the open train car door as I saw that we're nowhere near a station.

"I...don't know." He said to me as he stood next to me.

"So you think something exploded in one of the train cars?" I heard someone outside ask.

"Yea. There was a small explosion then a lot of smoke inside one of the open train cars." Someone else said as I saw the silhouettes of two men.

"Crap." I muttered, pulling Logan back into the train car. "They saw the steam. Go out the other side." I told him as the two of us walked over to the other side of the train car, jumping out.

"Now what?" Logan asked me.

"There was an open train car a few cars back." I told him as he nodded.

"No fire in here. I don't know what caused the smoke." The first voice said as I heard the two voices getting farther away.

"They're getting back to the engine. Come on." Logan said, putting his hand on my back as I nodded. The two of us ran towards the back of the train, seeing another open train car as Logan and I jumped in right when the train started to move again.

"Ok, let's not create steam again." I said, chuckling as Logan was looking at something past me. "What are you looking at?" I questioned, following his gaze as I saw what he was looking at. Crates and crates with the logo of the organization that kidnapped the two of us.

"What do you think is in those crates?" Logan asked me as I shrugged.

"One way to find out." I said, shrugging as I grabbed a crowbar I saw laying on the ground.

"Not a smart idea." Logan said, grabbing my arm as I looked at him. "We don't know what's in there."

"Exactly. There's only one way to find out." I said as I burned his hand. He let out a shout of pain, moving his hand and freezing it with his powers.