Chapter 14: 1900

Ok, so I have a plan for this story to take a wild twist. It's most likely going to be really bad and kinda stupid, but I really hope you liked it since I had a fun time writing it!

Flip's POV* 1900

"Extra, extra! Read all about it!" I shouted as me, Race, and Skittery walked around the town center.

"Baby born with three heads!" Race shouted, walking next to me as I looked at him.

"Must be from Brooklyn." I joked as we both let out a laugh.

"Bridge rebuilt after devastating attack!" I heard Skittery yell as I finally sold my last pape. 

"Race, this was a long day." I joked as he agreed, also selling his last pape.

"That it was." Race said to me as the two of us headed out of the crowd.

"Skittery, how much left?" I shouted across the street as he looked up at me.

"Sold my last one!" he shouted back as I nodding, motioning him forward with my head.

"Hey, guys. How's it going?" Jack asked, walking up to Race and me as Skittery joined up.

"Better since Flip here is me sellin' partner." Skittery joked, swinging his arm around my shoulder as I let out a laugh.

"And how's the new leader of the Manhattan Newsies?" Jack asked me, smirking.

"Still don't know why you left." I said to Jack as the four of us walked down the street.

"I'm too old, now. 18-year-olds ain't Newsies. The younger kids sell the papes, not adults." Jack told me.

"Age doesn't matter. Make the headline good, you'll sell all the papes." I told Jack as we walked to the Square, leaning against the statue.

"How you doin' Jack?" Skittery asked him as I jumped up to sit on the base of the statue.

"It's going good." He told us, nodding, giving a look.

"Jack Kelly, I know that look." I said as he looked at me. "You wanna tell us something?" I asked him, smirking.

"I may have a girlfriend, now." He told us, smirking as the boys here congratulated him.

"Welcome to the group." I joked, referring to me and Spot.

"So you and Spot still going?" Jack asked me as I nodded.

"One year into our relationship and we're as strong as ever." I told Jack as he nodded.

"How does Davey feel about you dating his sister?" Skittery asked as I noticed David and Les walk up behind Jack.

"Not that happy." David said to us as he walked to my side.

"Where's Bumlets and Snoddy?" I asked the two.

"They met up with Pie-Eater and the three of them went out for some food." David told me as I rolled my eyes.

"Of course they did." I muttered to myself.

"Where're the others?" Jack asked us, looking around for the other boys.

"Flip has us all over town. We're selling a lot more papes." David told him as I nodded.

"So she's being a good leader so far?" Jack asked the boys.

"She's been great ever since the strike." Les told Jack, grinning.