Chapter 13: Finale

I leaned against the ladder, bored with Blink, Mush, and Race.

[MUSH]
Try Bottle Alley or the harbor

Mush then walked through the gate as I took his spot by the ladder.

[FLIP]
Try Central Park, it's guaranteed

I patted Blink's shoulder as I also walked through the gate.

[CRUTCHY]                                                                                                          Try any banker, bum, or barber

[KID BLINK]
They almost all knows how to read!

All of the Newsies then followed Boots and Skittery through the gate.

[BOOTS]
Summer stinks

[SKITTERY]
And winter's waitin'

[ALL NEWSIES]
Welcome to New Yawk! Boy, ain't nature fascinating when you's gotta walk?

We all got in line, David in the front with me behind him. "Hundred papes." David said, placing down a half-dollar.

"All right, David." I said, clapping his back.

"Attaboy, Davey." Race said to him as he grabbed his stack, walking away as the crowd started to cheer.

"What's going on?" I asked the boys as Roosevelt's carriage was driven through the gate as Jack jumped out.

"Jack!" Les shouted, running up to him.

"Jack's back!" I shouted, jumping off the platform as the boys all followed me.

"Jack, this is wonderful. Hey, Jack, how you doing?" Crutchy asked him as Jack got out of the carriage.

"Jack, what you doing back?" I asked him.

"Like I told the governor, I got family here." He told me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Hey, you Skittery!" Jack shouted, grinning as Les hugged him. I looked up, seeing that David put down his 100 papes, walking to the top of the steps, looking at us. "So how's the headline today?" Jack asked him, smirking.

"Headlines don't sell papes. Newsies sell papes." David told him, putting on his hat as all the Newsies cheered.

"Come on, David." I said to him, smiling as he grabbed his papes, walking up to us.

"Yea. Yea. Thanks, Davey." Crutchy said as he got handed David's papes. I held out my hand to David as he looked at it for a second before spitting in his hand, shaking mine as Sarah pushed up to us as Jack kissed her.

"Whoo! Jackie boy!" Race shouted as we all shouted at the two. I felt someone touch my waist as I turned around, seeing Spot.

"Spot? I thought you left for Brooklyn?" I asked him.

"I couldn't leave just yet." He told me, smirking, taking off his hat as he kissed me.

"Flip and Spot!" Blink shouted, grinning as the boys shouted at us as well. Les then jumped up, wrapping his arms around me and Jack as the boys all got together for a big group hug.

"Ok, now I have to leave." Spot said to me, chuckling as I nodded.

"I bet Roosevelt will if you ask him." Jack suggested as he nodded. "Come on." He said, laughing as he swung his arm around Spot's shoulder, walking him towards Roosevelt as we all followed. "Governor Roosevelt!" Jack called out as he looked at us. "You think you could have a stop in Brooklyn for Spot, here?" Jack asked, clapping Spot's back.

"Of course, get in!" Roosevelt exclaimed as Spot grinned as he got in.

"What? No goodbye kiss?" I asked Spot, smirking as he smiled at me, kissing me again as I smiled into the kiss as the carriage started to drive away.

"Spot!" Jack and David shouted, waving as they drove out of the gate.

"Goodbye, Spot!" Sarah called out.

"Go back to Brooklyn!" I shouted, joking as he smiled at me.

[NEWSIES]                                                                                                                 It's a fine life, carrying the banner. It's a fine life, carrying the banner. It's a fine life, carrying the banner. It's a fine life, carrying the banner. 

Hey guys! So that's the end of the movie, but not the end of this fanfic! So, please comment and vote!

StarWarrior...signing off!