Chapter 7: Brooklyn

Recap~ "You know what, that's it." I muttered to myself as I grabbed Spot's faded red suspenders, smashing my lips against his. I felt him jump in surprise, but I also felt him kiss back as he brought his hands up to my waist. I smirked to myself, pushing him back as he looked at me in a mixture of, shock, awe, and confusion. "I hope you make the right choice, Spot Conlon." I told him, smirking as I walked off, leaving him there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flip's POV*

"How'd it go?" Race asked, walking up to me as I was brushing out my hair in the bathroom.

"I hope it went well, but I think I may have persuaded him to help." I told him.

"No way, how!" he exclaimed as he started to shave his face.

"I...convinced him." I told him, shrugging as I put the brush down.

"How?" he asked me as I looked at him, smirking. "Wait...you didn't." he said as I nodded. "You got one from Spot Conlon!" he exclaimed and thankfully, no one was even in the bathroom yet.

"What about Spot Conlon?" Skittery asked as he walked in with Snipeshooter and Blink.

"Uh, nothing. We were just talking about him not joining the strike." I said, shrugging as Race nodded.

"Ok?" Blink told us skeptically.

"Hurry up, we need to go soon!" Jack exclaimed, walking into the bathroom. "Flip, where were you last night? I woke up in the middle of the night and you were gone." Jack said to me as the boys all looked at me.

"I went for a walk. I needed to clear my head." I told him, walking out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom. I walked over to my bed, taking off my nightshirt as I put on my white sleeveless shirt, grey vest, grey jeans, and black shoes; I grabbed the black bandana, tying it to my bicep again.

"Race ya!" Blink exclaimed, grabbing his hat as he ran out of the bedroom.

"You're gonna lose, Blink!" I shouted, running after him. I jumped over the railing, landing on the ground as I ran out ahead of him.

"You know, you scare the shit out of me when you do that." He told me, laughing.

"I know, that's why I do it." I told him, chuckling as I put my hand on his chin.

"Come on, lovebirds." Jack said, walking past us as Blink and I jumped apart. Blink and I followed Jack and the Newsies as we stood in front of the gate. I stood in between Blink and David as we all started to sing.  

[NEWSIES]                                                                                                                      Open the gates and seize the day. Don't be afraid and don't delay. Nothing can break us. No one can make us give our rights away. Arise and seize the day

The young Newsies then walked in front of us all, playing makeshift drums as we all started to dance. I knelt on the ground alongside about 10 other Newsies, linking arms with Jack and Blink, looking at The World newspaper gate. Suddenly, a wagon drove out of the gate, not stopping as we moved out of the way for it, shouting as the new Newsies also walked out of the gate.

"Come on, you grafters, cross the line." Race said to the new Newsies as they all just looked at us.

"All right, everyone remain calm." David said as I clenched my fists closed.

"Let's soak them for Crutchy!" I shouted, pumping my fist in the air as the boys all repeated me as we all ran into the gate, chasing the new Newsies back inside.

"Jack! Flip! It's a trick!" Race shouted, running back to us as Scabbers walked up to us, armed with chains and bats as the gates were closed.

"Hey, Flipper." Oscar said, walking up to me as I backed up.

"Les, get out of here, go!" I heard David yell as the Scabbers held back the Newsies.

"Flip, watch out!" Blink shouted as I turned around, seeing someone about to hit me with a chain. I held up my hands, avoiding the chain as I moved around the makeshift circle.

"Flip!" someone else shouted as I was pushed back into the circle. I was pushed onto the stairs, looking up at the guy with the chain as I saw people pop up on the rooftop.

"It's Brooklyn!" I shouted, smiling as Spot popped up.

"Never fear, Brooklyn is here!" Spot said, smirking.

"It's Brooklyn!" Mush exclaimed, looking up at the rooftop.

"Spot!" I shouted, smiling as he smiled back. "Now...time to deal with you." I said, looking at the guy with the chain as I stood up right when Brooklyn started to pelt the Scabbers with rocks from their slingshots. "You're dead." I told the man, glaring as I leaped at him. I kicked him down, but someone else grabbed my arm, twisting it behind my back as a third guy punched me in the stomach.

"Flip!" Skittery yelled as I just smiled at him.

"Oh, I'm fine." I told him as I kicked the knee of the guy holding my arm as I grabbed him, throwing him into the person that punched me. Suddenly, someone walked behind me wrapping a chain around my neck as I grabbed the chain, trying to pull it as I gasped for breath. 

"Flip, no!" Blink shouted, fighting to get to me but couldn't.

"Spot!" I shouted as I started to see black spots.

"Flip!" he shouted, grabbing onto a makeshift zipline, zipping down as he kicked the guy that was choking me. I gasped for breath as Spot grabbed me, helping me stand.

"Thank you." I said, my hand on his shoulder as I gasped for breath. 

"Anytime." He said back as I saw someone sneaking up behind him.

"Spot, look out!" I shouted, stealing his pimp cane as I smacked the guy in the face with it as he fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Badass." He said, smirking as I handed him the cane back as he took it. 

"Spot, you came." Jack said, running up to us as he looked at Spot, kind of surprised. 

"Your girl here has quite the way with...words." Spot told Jack, smirking as he looked at me. 

"Last night. You told us you went out to clear your head." Jack said to me. 

"I did...in Brooklyn." I told Jack as he chuckled, walking away as he kept on fighting. 

"Want to do the honors with me?" he asked me, smirking as he held out his hand.

"Let's finish this." I told him, smirking as I grabbed it. The two of us ran up to the gate, opening it as we turned around, him pulling out his cane.

"Brooklyn!" all of the Brooklyn Newsies shouted as Spot and I led them in as we forced the Scabbers out.

"Flip!" Jack shouted as I look at him, seeing him rip a pape as I grabbed one from the ground, ripping it too.

"Come on!" I said to Spot, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the Manhattan Newsies.

"Jack. Flip. Boys, freeze! Freeze." Denton exclaimed as we all faced the camera.

"All right, guys." I said, smiling as Spot wrapped his arm around my waist as Denton took the picture. "Sneaky." I said to Spot, smiling as he smirked at me.  

Hehehehe I was waiting for that one scene the entire time. Anywho, comment and vote!!

StarWarrior...signing off!