Chapter 24: Escape

Ok, part of this chapter is also taken from Deadpool. 

Flip's POV*

"Crazy as this is, I'm about to hurt you, Cora. The kind of hurt I can't describe and you can't prepare for." Bates said as I looked at him in shock, the pain in my arm starting. "I was a patient here once myself, you know. The treatment affects everyone differently. In my case, it increased my speed, made me faster. Faster than eyes can see." Bates said to me as I closed my eyes, groaning in pain.

"Random question, is Bates your real name? Just saying, but it sounds incredibly made up. What is it really? Wade? Scott? Tony? Bruce?...Ajax?" I joked.

"Oh, joke away. One thing that never survives this place is a sense of humor." Bates said to me as he walked away.

"We'll see about that." I said.

"She's all yours." Bates said to another man as he walked up to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is how it's going to work. Adrenaline acts as a catalyst for the serum...so we're going to have to make you suffer. If you're lucky, the accelerant will activate and manifest in a spectacular fashion. If not, well, we'll have to keep on hurting you...in new and different ways, each more painful than the last...until you finally change, or die."

Over the few weeks I was in hell, I was chained to the ceiling and beaten, power washed, waterboarded, head dunked in oil, frozen in a freezer, and electrocuted. I haven't seen or heard of Logan in a while, so I am hoping he is pulling through, still fighting to stay alive and still fighting to get out of here. But for me, I gave up fighting a long time ago.

I laid in a bed for the first time, but not for the best reason. I was strapped down, in pants and a sports bra as Bates was standing next to me. He was literally carving into my arms, chest, and torso as I let out screams of pain. "Bradley, get in here!" Bates suddenly shouted as another man ran in as I felt a burning sensation on my hands.

"She activated it." Bradley said in awe as I groaned in pain again.

"Take her to Room X." Bates said to him, putting the knife down as another guy came in, helping Bradley wheel my bed to Room X.

"Flip!" I heard someone shout as we were rushed past a room. I'm going to assume it was Logan, meaning he was still alive. I was wheeled into another cell, panting and still in pain as the guys all left as Alecia walked in.

"You passed, I see." Alecia said, looking at my carved-up stomach.

"Alecia, what the hell is going on?" I asked her as she walked up to me, a clipboard in her arms.

"You passed the trials." She said to me as I just looked at her. "You will unlock powers." She explained to me.

"Powers?" I questioned as she nodded. "You're crazy. Superpowers aren't real." I told her, scoffing as she just looked at me. 

"You're so wrong on so many levels, Cora." Alecia told me. 

"Flip." I corrected.

"I beg your pardon?" Alecia then asked me. 

"My name. My name is Flip." I then told her. "Wait, so superpowers are real?" I asked her as she nodded. "Then does everyone survive?" I asked her as she looked down.

"In the past year, we've had 12 people go through the Trials. None of them survived past the first hour." She said to me, looking at the ground as a tear slid down my cheek.